Evergreen is currently recruiting for the position of Project Coordinator for our Festivals, Activations and Markets Program. Evergreen’s beloved public market is one of our most popular programs and is an integral part of the Evergreen Brick Works (EBW) site and community.
The Public Markets team works to strengthen regional economic longevity and support sustainably produced food and goods. We are proud to work with a variety of business owners such as farmers, food producers, craftspeople, artisans and local organizations to foster community through food, art and craftsmanship.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We have worked from coast to coast with governments, neighborhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Project Coordinator (Festivals, Activations & Markets) plays a key role supporting Evergreen’s Festivals, Activations & Markets Program. The successful candidate will work primarily on the weekly Farmers’ Market but will also contribute to other site-based festivals and activations. The Project Coordinator will work closely with other members of the Festivals, Activations and Markets team, Evergreen Marketing & Communications, Site Team and Finance Team to ensure optimal organization and seamless execution. We’re looking for applicants who are passionate about community, experienced in customer service, and eager to further develop their leaderships skills.
- Coordinate on the ground execution including set-up and take down and troubleshooting site-related logistical issues
- Perform administrative tasks, including weekly vendor and volunteer communications, processing and tracking payments
- Assist with seasonal tasks such as processing market applications, researching and selecting new vendors, communications and promotions
- Deliver consistent, exceptional service to EBW customers and visitors
- Liaise among team members, local partners, vendors, and other Evergreen contacts for scheduling and relaying key information
- Ensure market operations are in compliance with Evergreen’s policies and regulations
- Support volunteer management, including orientation, scheduling, coordinating, and recognition
- Track and share regular progress updates on program deliverables and outcomes.
- Conduct effective, professional outreach that meets the needs of individual communities
- Demonstrate a commitment to good internal communications and a positive workplace culture
- Model Evergreen’s core values: sustainability, innovation, and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
You have the following qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in customer service, administration, or related field
- Knowledge of, and curiosity about, intersectional approaches to food systems, sustainable farming practices, and circular economic structures
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of justice, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated interest in volunteer coordination or partnership development an asset
- Strong logistical, organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to think in advance and plan with a view to the final project
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Supervised by Market Manager
- Supervises: Volunteers
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto
- Hybrid role: Remote work with 1-2 days a week at our head office
- Flexible hours, with the exception of Saturdays (7:00 a.m. start) and some Sundays, depending on activity happening on site
- On site activity requires standing for extended periods and some lifting
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Wage: $23.15/hour
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 personal days (aka Evergreen Days) and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities
Application Close Date: June 11, 2023
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*