Office Administrator Position
Full-Time Position Available (35 hours per week)
Hamilton Urban Core provides a wide range of health and health related services and programs for individuals and families. We work with marginalized and vulnerable populations in the inner city, most of who are living in poverty and with chronic and complex health and social conditions.
Working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, the Office Administrator key responsibilities include: 1) developing and/or maintaining efficient office systems and practices and ensuring excellence and the overall quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Centre’s administrative infrastructure; 2) ensuring overall building maintenance; 3) serving as the management representative on the Health and Safety Committee and 4)
social media and communications oversight; 5) serves as the Manager for the Reception/Secretaries; 6) identifies the need for the development of relevant policies, protocols and procedures; 7) provides orientation to new staff members regarding the Centre’s administrative and health and safety policies, processes and procedures; 8) providing backup corporate support.
The successful candidate should have:
• Three to five years of administrative experience with progressive responsibility, preferably in a community environment
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining a high level of efficiency and effectiveness through administration systems and practices
• At a minimum, a university degree in Office/ Health/ Business Administration or a combination of relevant education and work experience
• Experience with social media and communications in a workplace environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands with timeliness and efficiency
• Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge and proficiency in the use of computers and various software e.g., MS Office products. ADP, Great Plains
• Experience coordinating ongoing facility safety and maintenance responsibilities
• Familiarity with health and safety committee responsibilities
• Demonstrated experience providing administrative support
• Solid experience with orientation / engagement of new staff, students and/or volunteers. Good understanding of and experience with human resource matters
• Experience leading an interprofessional team or multidisciplinary team
• Commitment to the anti-racism and anti-oppression principles at Hamilton Urban Core
• Understanding of the social determinants of health needs of people in the inner city
• Develop and maintain an onsite work schedule that accommodates the needs of the community.
Interested individuals should forward a resume and cover letter by Friday June 2, 2023, 5:00pm to:
Hiring Committee – Office Administrator
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
181 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8P 4S1
Fax: 905-522-3433 Email:
Hamilton Urban Core is committed to equity in employment.
While we appreciate every application only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!