Job Position: Digital Community Engagement Coordinator
Department: Strategic Development
Status: Full-Time – 35 hours per week - 1-year contract position
Location: Mississauga with local travel
Compensation: $28.00 per hour plus benefits
Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: To be leaders in building strong and inclusive communities.
Mission: We are a community benefit organization focused on building resilient and healthy communities by offering person-centered, anti-oppressive programs and services.
The Digital Community Engagement Coordinator is engaged in all aspects of the organization’s communications (marketing, publicity and outreach) & development efforts with an expertise on social media content development. They will be responsible for the coordination of all communications and in developing and implementing creative and fresh ideas that will move the brand and organization forward, ensuring visibility and a positive community reputation for the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
* Research, analyse, develop and implement communications and marketing strategies for the organization and individual programs.
* In conjunction with the Director - Strategic Development and the Community Outreach Coordinator, execute the annual communications work plan supporting both organizational and departmental priorities and initiatives.
* Design, create and oversee the production of electronic communications for social media and external platforms
* Manage and update the organization’s social media platforms.
* Creation of video content for social media and presentations.
* Utilize appropriate social media platforms/strategies to enhance the organization’s communications with its stakeholders and the public.
* Regular management of the agency’s websites
* Review all communications materials produced to ensure items are consistent with the organization’s standards, mission and vision and support the organization’s brand in all aspects including monitoring of logo, messaging and other key elements.
* Develop and maintain internal communications templates and tools.
* Track all communications and marketing expenses to approved budget.
* Ensure that all relevant funder requirements and organizational approval protocols are adhered to.
* Provide administrative support and assist in the development and implementation of special projects.
* Provide communications support & video/photography for the organization’s events.
* Maintain and update the company-wide image library, ensuring that the latest images are uploaded and available.
* Compile statistical reports and documentation as required by funders and the organization.
* Participate in staff and team meetings, and professional development opportunities as required.
* Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Post-secondary education in Marketing & Communications, Public Relations or equivalent with relevant work experience.
* Minimum of two years related communications and marketing experience in a non-profit environment.
* Knowledge of project management, strategic communications planning, fundraising principles, and targeted message development.
* Demonstrated ability in using MS Office programs at an advanced level including Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products (Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat etc.), scanning software, CMS, and working knowledge of basic web design and tools; Experience with WordPress and advanced user with existing and emerging new social media tools.
* Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner.
* An excellent writer, with superior proofreading and editing skills.
* Detail oriented, extremely well organized, multitasking and project management skills, detail oriented, demonstrated ability to prioritize and resolve conflicting demands and deadlines, and work independently and as part of a team.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
* Well-developed relationship building skills and the ability to establish rapport.
* Analytical and problem-solving abilities to research and present information.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a highly confidential environment with constant communications between the leadership team, and to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
* Outgoing, adaptable, self-motivated, and a strategic thinker with fresh ideas and an enthusiastic approach to their work.
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and to work from any Indus work-site.
* Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation is required.
* Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check prior to commencing employment.
* It is a condition of employment that employees provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date of employment. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical reason, or a reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation to the Human Resources department. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis in compliance with Indus' legal obligations
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a complete resume of qualifications and experience, electronically to by 12:00pm, June 11th, 2023. Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of “Digital Community Engagement Coordinator” - (insert your name)
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!