Bereaved Families of Ontario- Toronto is currently seeking a Fundraising Consultant (part-time) who
will support our organization to meet our goals in evaluating current needs and establishing a plan for
on-going fundraising initiatives including but not limited to; identifying new opportunities and
improving existing fundraising initiatives. The consultant would work closely with our Executive
Director and Board to help us achieve our fundraising goals. Responsibilities will include research,
planning and support with event execution.
Who We Are
Bereaved Families of Ontario- Toronto (BFO-T) is a nonprofit organization that is based in downtown
Toronto and provides peer-to-peer support for those looking to find community and process their grief
after the death of a loved one. Our programs and services range from one-to-one support sessions to
8-week support groups in which individuals with similar experiences share their stories, provide support
and inspire hope. We are a community that has the courage to share and explore grief and aims to be a
beacon of hope for the future.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an innovative, organized and results-oriented individual
with a proven track record of developing successful fundraising campaigns and activities in the
not-for-profit sector as well as raising funds. They can work independently and with a high degree of
professionalism and are collaborative in their approach to teamwork. We are looking to work with a
candidate who is aligned with our mission, ideally has lived experience with grief and wants to support
our growth and sustainability.
1. The responding consultant bears sole risk and responsibility for costs incurred in the
preparation of the quote. No BFO-T staff or board member shall have a financial interest in
2. BFO-T reserves the right to ask for clarification on the proposal, if necessary, and to select
an individual or firm based directly on the information provided, or to negotiate further with
one or more respondents.
3. BFO-T reserves the right to reject any or all responses to this RFP.
4. Selection of a proposal will be based on (but not solely limited to) the criteria provided and
any other relevant information provided at the time of the submission, as well as any
additional information provided during any subsequent correspondence with the principal
BFO-T wishes to retain a fundraising consultant or firm to provide services to the
organization, specifically to:
1. Research a variety of fundraising opportunities from corporate and public funders;
2. Create a plan for financial viability based on research in both corporate and public sectors
(including corporate and individual donor engagement strategy)
3. Lead or be part of a support team for fundraising campaigns and events (including our 3
4. Track data and provide reports when requested;
5. Identify and support ways to improve the organization’s financial goals, and;
6. Attend meetings, as requested.
1. At least 3 years of experience in fundraising for non-profit organizations;
2. At least two (2) references;
3. Proven track record of successfully executing fundraising events
4. Ability to commit to provide services until December 2023
5. Commitment to meet BFO-T’s reporting timelines (internal/external)
Proposals will be assessed based on the following criteria:
1. Fee structure/Cost of services (30%)
2. Proposed Approach, methodology and timeline for carrying out tasks in the scope of work
3. Qualification and experience (30%)
4. References (10%)
At BFO, we strive to be an equitable and inclusive employer. Our commitment to equity is grounded in an
organization-wide goal to achieve working, teaching, and offering peer-support in a healing environment
that is free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our
positions. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!