We build strength, stability, and self-reliance
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY VANCOUVER ISLAND NORTH (VIN)
Director of Communications & Fundraising
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time (40 hours a week)
Join a team that’s passionate about making a difference. We work in a supportive and creative atmosphere that drives innovative approaches to our work. We value your commitment to your work/life balance and use a hybrid model where you can mix in-office and home-office time. We want to support your way of working that helps you bring your best self to work.
As Director of Communications and Fundraising you’re the strategic hub that generates interest and commitment in the community in helping secure safe and secure housing for more families. This position is ideal for someone who has experience in fundraising, communications, brand management, graphic design and grant writing. You are a creative and organized multi-tasker with excellent attention to detail who has the ability to work under tight deadlines and with minimum supervision.
Marketing and Communications
- In consultation with the Executive Director, develop and recommend an annual plan and budget for Marketing and Communications.
- Updates key messages and ensures they are communicated throughout the organization.
- Writes press releases and media advisories and submits them to the appropriate media outlets. Develops and maintains a strong and productive relationship with both print and electronic media.
- Writes content for a wide range of communication materials across multiple channels, including web copy, email newsletters, blog posts, social media, promotional material, presentations, annual reports, stories and other digital content.
- Designs posters, ads, e-blasts, and all other promotional materials to Habitat brand standards.
- Proofreads, updates, and fact-checks communication materials, ensuring a consistent brand voice in all external and internal communications.
- Develops and maintains a strong online presence through social media management and content creation.
- Works in partnership with Fundraising, Volunteer, Construction, Family Selection, and ReStore leadership to create marketing plans and materials for their various initiatives.
- Takes primary responsibility for planning, organizing, executing, and evaluating the annual fundraising plan.
- Manages donor correspondence including direct mail appeals, thank you letters and other correspondence.
- Keeps the donor database system accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensures fund development activities are carried out in accordance with Habitat’s vision, mission, values and policies.
- Builds and engages an active fundraising committee.
- Researches, prepares, submits, and manages grant proposals.
- Liaises with staff at all levels to meet reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Oversees a two-person Marketing and Fundraising team
Required Skills and Abilities
- Google Drive
- Writing and editing skills for a variety of mediums
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Graphic Design
- Constant Contact (or similar email marketing software)
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate
- Courtenay, BC. Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Public relations: 1 year (preferred)