Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Mental Wellness Program Manager, the Program Facilitators will work collaboratively with other staff, volunteers, and participants. The Program Facilitators are responsible for screening new participants at information sessions, and delivering program sessions. If program participants require additional support, the Program Facilitators would find appropriate referrals in collaboration with other staff members. This year we are offering in person cycles of the program, and we plan to offer an online delivery option for people in remote locations. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to deliver in either format, depending on participant requirements.
- Intake and assessment of program applicants at information sessions
- Facilitate 7 group sessions per cycle and create a warm, welcoming and safe group environment
- Attend mid- and post- program debrief meetings
- Support applicants and participants to contact appropriate referrals to community agencies
- May be required to conduct post-program follow-up meetings, and reporting paperwork
- Ensure the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA-YWCA
Qualifications for Program Facilitator:
- Preferred background is a combination of work experience and education / professional training. Examples include: Clinical Counsellor, Employment Counsellor, Life Skills Coach, Social Worker, High School Counsellor
- Master’s degree in a mental health or counselling related field is preferred
- Experience working with young adults (18-30 years of age and/or 13-18 years of age) who are experiencing mild to moderate anxiety and mood problems
- Experience with group facilitation and teaching using a variety of strategies
- Experience conducting intakes and assessments is preferred
- Ability to recognize mental health signs and symptoms beyond the mild to moderate spectrum and provide referrals to appropriate medical and community agencies.
- Experience developing and facilitating stress management and coping skills workshops
- Experience using ACT and mindfulness-based practices and supports with clients is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and decisions; effective prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Computer proficient – Microsoft Office
- High degree of independence and initiative within a team environment
- Current First Aid and CPR C required
- A clear Police/RCMP Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
- Must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses)
Qualifications for Lead Program Facilitator:
Includes all the previous qualifications for the Program Facilitator with the following additional qualifications:
- Master’s degree in mental health, counselling, or clinical social work; or equivalent combination of experience and education required
- Experience conducting intakes and assessments
- Experience in related marketing and recruitment is an asset
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!