Job Position: Manager – Fund Development
Department: Strategic Development
Status: Full-Time – 35 hours per week
Location: Mississauga, With local travel
Compensation: $70,000.00 - $77,000.00 per annum, plus a generous RRSP plan, group health benefits and professional development support.
Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
To be leaders in building strong and inclusive communities.
We are a community benefit organization focused on building resilient and healthy communities by offering person-centered, anti-oppressive programs and services.
Reporting to the Director, the Manager – Fund Development is responsible for executing Indus’ fundraising program, with the goal of diversifying revenue streams and building financial sustainability over time. The incumbent will plan and execute targeted fundraising strategies bolstered by effective and impactful government and corporate relations, and communications.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
* Execute a fundraising strategy designed to increase the donor base and diversify revenue streams, including community bonds to support Indus’ annual and upcoming capital campaign.
* Provide support to Director in working with Campaign Cabinet in terms of meeting preparation, revenue generation and stewardship.
* Manage a portfolio of donors including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. In addition, identify donors who have the capacity/potential to grow in giving and relationship to Indus.
* Take the lead in developing and implementing a business development strategy including prospect identification and outreach across a variety of streams including individual, corporate and foundations.
* Research and create current and prospective donor briefing documents to support the organization in the outreach, engagement and solicitation of targeted donors (spanning across all streams).
* Support the implementation of the donor database. In addition, ensure ongoing and up-to-date maintenance of the database including moves management, report development, donor profiles, etc.
* Lead the development and implementation of targeted donor and prospective donor communications including the implementation of a direct mail program, regular communications/touchpoints with donors and fundraising collateral to name a few.
* Support the effective execution of a donor stewardship and recognition program that promotes donor affinity to Indus and sees an increase in giving over time.
* Deliver on annual revenue targets across individual, corporate and foundation current and prospective donors.
* Build a granting program that seeks to identify and cultivate relationships with private and public foundations and, develop and submit grant applications to support revenue diversification.
* Work with finance department to ensure the effective and efficient processing of all donations to the organization.
* Participate actively on the Departmental Management Team to drive program growth and day-to-day management; key board/staff committees to provide program updates and on partner networks and in related community activities.
* Continually develop and evolve the role, in consultation with the Director, to align it with the emerging needs of the organization and the evolving changes within its operating environment such as ongoing maintenance of agency and professional accreditation.
* Participate in professional development opportunities as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Demonstrated track record for meeting and achieving fundraising targets including a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a non-profit organization. Experience should include individual, corporate and foundation giving, in addition, expertise in fundraising events an asset.
* Strong relationship management skills focused on the cultivation and stewardship of current and prospective donors
* Minimum 3 years grant writing experience.
* Comfortable speaking in public to varying stakeholders to promote the organization and its work.
* Demonstrated ability and experience developing grant/program funding proposals to government, foundations, corporate and private funders.
* Exemplary communication skills, with the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to work flexible hours and in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of diverse cultural and racial backgrounds.
* Experience with and appreciation for South Asian cultural norms and sensitivities is an asset.
* CFRE designation is an asset.
* Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation is required.
* Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check prior to commencing employment.
* It is a condition of employment that employees provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date of employment. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical reason, or a reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation to the Human Resources department. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis in compliance with Indus' legal obligations.
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Indus Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!