Are you our next Goodwill Cares Navigator? Reporting to the VP of Mission Impact we are looking for an individual who can help our team members navigate all of life’s circumstances with a supportive and individualized approach. We know that life is challenging and everyone’s personal story is unique. The Goodwill Cares Navigator will act as a life coach to Goodwill team members of all backgrounds and abilities, to help them reach their full potential. This position will work closely with the Store Manager, using a partnership approach, in order to provide team members and their families a single point of contact to support their success.
Job Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: $48,614.05 - $57,193.00 annually
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. Through living our value of We Care and it Shows, we work together as One Amazing Team to Get Better and Better Everyday while we Make a Positive Impact in our community.
What you’ll be doing:
- Meeting with team members 1:1 for coaching in order to provide individual development plans.
- Providing coaching through the use of powerful, reflective and direct questions in order for team members to gain clarity, increase their self-awareness, self-identify their strengths, barriers to self-sufficiency, and goals in life and in work.
- Providing outcome-focused support, which may include: career preparation, development and advancement; on-the-job support and job retention; home ownership and financial literacy; family relationships.
- Conducting needs assessment to ensure team members are linked with appropriate resources and supports to address and resolve barriers. This includes internal resources, as well as community agencies and resources, and other strategic partners.
- Maintaining contact with internal resources, as well as community agencies and resources, and other strategic partners in order to ensure “single point of contact” case management and seamless delivery.
- Assisting team members with personal budgeting and basic financial literacy information.
- Providing assistance navigating AISH and other relevant government supports.
- Conducting orientation to the GPC program, ensuring team members are knowledgeable about nature and scope of the program.
- Assisting People & Culture team to provide training onsite to team members, when required.
- Creating meaningful partnerships with community and business leaders to promote Goodwill, and to develop Goodwill mission initiatives.
- Attending community events to develop relationships and support the community.
What you bring to the table:
- Degree, diploma or graduate certificate in: Coaching, Career Development, Education, Adult Education, Human Resources, Human Services, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Case Management
- Coaching Certification or demonstrated experience in life coaching, career or personal counselling.
- Financial literacy/budget experience an asset.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Knowledge and experience navigating community resources an asset.
- Knowledge of the characteristics, needs and cultural, educational, socioeconomic and linguistic diversity associated with the population in the local community is an asset.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, demonstrated coaching and team building skills.
- A high level of emotional intelligence, including resilience, influencing skills and effective interactions that build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to motivate individuals, encourage independence and self-confidence, and facilitate adjustment to change.
- The ability to use a variety of learning / training concepts to enrich participant learning and understanding.
- You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.