Job Title: Fundraising Creative Strategist
Based at: Downtown, Edmonton
Reports to: Development Manager
Hours of work: 40hrs per week, Mon-Fri
To serve, strengthen, and uplift men, women, youth, and children through the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ
We are looking for a highly creative individual with an interest in fundraising and a passion for helping people to join our Development team. As a charity, Hope Mission relies on the gifts of donors who share our mission. While fundraising experience is an asset, we recognize that there is a range of experience that could equip a suitable candidate for this role. If you have a diverse set of creative skills, a heart for the hurting and hungry, and an interest in inspiring others toward generosity, we’d love to hear from you!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide creative oversight and direction for fundraising campaigns, ensuring the highest level of quality in print and digital marketing materials produced for Hope Mission’s donors and stakeholders.
- Develop clear and concise project briefs for copywriters, designers, and other creatives, and provide creative guidance and feedback throughout the course of a project, nurturing a culture of creativity and excellence within the team.
- Source and select impactful stories that connect donors to the heart of Hope Mission and the life-changing work happening each day across the province of Alberta.
- Assist in various steps throughout the production process, ensuring that fundraising projects and materials are proofed, edited, and delivered on time with a high degree of quality.
- Bring your unique creative edge and specialty into projects that require additional design, writing, photography, videography, and more.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and effectiveness of creative initiatives, incorporating feedback and data-driven insights to optimize future campaigns.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- A post-secondary education. We have had successful team members with backgrounds in theology, history, music, English, radio, marketing, and more! Tell us how your education has shaped your thinking and how you approach challenging tasks and creative problem solving.
- Previous experience in a creative role is an asset, preferably within the non-profit, fundraising, or marketing industry.
- Exceptional storytelling abilities, with a keen eye for sharing stories that resonate with our donors and can connect them deeper to the cause.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate creative concepts and ideas.
- A keen eye for design with a strong ability to evaluate visual elements and how produced fundraising materials connect the donor to the cause.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Flexibility and an openness to learn new things and take on new creative projects.
- Ability to work efficiently towards set goals and annual targets. We aren’t looking for someone who is perfect, we want a person of humility that takes personal responsibility for results — and is willing to take on new challenges, grow, and improve.
- Our team has a passion for the work of Hope Mission. We hope you will too.
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- Adherence Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.