Hours of Work Per Week: 30+
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: 2 week rotation with varied day shifts from 930am to 530pm to 7am to 7pm
Number of Positions: 2
Compensation: $20.45 - $22.05 /Hour
344-31 NorthEast House
This long-term program encourages persons with developmental disabilities to maximize their independence, develop unique strengths and enjoy community integration through social recreational activities.
The Community Disability Support Worker supports the client with daily living activities (meal preparation, household chores, laundry, etc.) and community access (accessing transportation to educational, recreation and community programs/events).
Bona Fide Occupational Requirement: This is a gender-specific position based upon the behaviour and needs of the persons served.
In Your Role You Will
• Encourage client in achieving Individual Support Plan (ISP) goals, support them during setbacks and celebrate their successes.
• Assist individuals, according to functioning abilities, with hygiene, personal care and daily living skills - such as preparing meals.
• Drive person in care (in your own vehicle) and supervise/participate with the client in recreational, leisure, vocational (training/employment) activities in the community.
• Assist individual with behavioural, emotional and social needs/skills
• Administer medication, first aid if/when necessary.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum High School Diploma
• Certificate or Diploma in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent also welcome
• One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
• MUST HAVE - Valid Class 5 Driver’s License; reliable vehicle, clean driver’s abstract and adequate insurance
• Must be physically able to do lifts/transfers and be able to provide personal care, such as bathing, etc.
• Skills in coaching/assisting individuals in life skills, anger management, daily chores, self help & problem solving, etc.
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
• Good computer skills - as all files are electronic
Not sure you meet the requirements? We may be able to consider diverse combinations of skills, education and experience, so please apply.
What WJS Canada does
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
• Provide standard-setting service.
• Enhance and strengthen your community.
• Enjoy a challenging, safe, healthy and rewarding workplace.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health benefits
• Regular wage increases at 6 months and 1 year employment.
• Staff training and opportunities to learn/work in a wide array of programs.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Best practices programming and innovative care.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!