Shelter Social Worker (or Counselor) and Team Leader
(Night, Weekend, and Floater Team)
Auberge Shalom pour femmes (ASPF) is a Jewish community-based center addressing
the needs of all women and children whose lives have been affected by conjugal violence
regardless of their backgrounds or religion. We provide a continuum of professional
services in both a shelter setting and in an external counseling office.
All services are provided in a safe, confidential and supportive environment. Auberge
Shalom is committed to breaking the cycle of violence through education, prevention and
We want you to be part of our team!
Enjoy advantageous conditions such as:
- Pension plan and group insurance
- 3 weeks vacation (6%)*
- 9 days of sick, mental health and personal leave*
- 5 additional statutory holidays (on top of Quebec statutory holidays)*
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities
- A collaborative and mobilizing management style and a supportive team
And many other benefits…
Create lasting change! Join the Auberge Shalom Team!
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and in close collaboration with her, the incumbent acts as a social worker in the day team and assumes a supervisory and management role for the night, weekend, and floater teams of our shelter. She oversees these teams by performing various administrative, human resources, and management tasks. Utilizing her knowledge and clinical expertise, the incumbent provides personalized guidance to her team members, assisting them in their daily tasks.
Specific responsibilities of the team leader include, but are not limited to, the following:
Service to Women in the Shelter (Day team)
- To provide frontline services to Shelter clients which include telephone intake and support services, crisis intervention, psychosocial assessments, supportive counseling and support groups, resources, advocacy work and collaboration with other social services and professionals.
- When needed, supervise and mentor interns in the shelter
Coordination and management of the night, weekend, and on-call teams
- Participate in the recruitment process
- Responsible for the on-boarding of new personnel
- Train and educate the team on the best practices and methods of Auberge Shalom
- Evaluate the contribution and performance of the team
- Supervise the professional development of the team members
- Serve as an advisor to the clinical supervisor to propose continuous training tailored to the night and weekend team
- Attend biweekly shelter meetings and effectively communicate policy and procedure updates, news, and opportunities to night and weekend staff
- Provide support in case of problems to ensure an efficient and healthy work environment
- Ensure a flexible number of hours during the week to meet the needs of the night and weekend team.
- Ensure the flow of information and healthy communication within her team and throughout the organization
- Collaborate closely with the Human Resources Coordinator and the Clinical Supervisor as necessary to assist with team-related issues or changes
- Act as a super user of the clinical database (ASO)
- As needed, participate in community projects and external committees, represent the center at events and conferences, and engage in research initiatives related to ASPF’s clientele.
Perform any other tasks required in the scope of her duties.
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, or a related field
- Membership in the professional order related to the field of practice
- Minimum of 5 years of crisis intervention work experience in the field of intimate partner abuse
- Minimum of 2 years of team management experience or a similar role
- Good knowledge of the issue of domestic violence and women's rights
- Work experience and knowledge of strength-based and trauma-informed approaches (Asset)
- Strong interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Fluency in French and English
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and its customs (Asset)
- Crisis management skills
- Priority management
- Ability to present a steady, positive, calm and resourceful presence at all times
- Flexibility and ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Ability to manage and organize multiple files simultaneouslyImpeccable ethical standards, discretion, and respect for confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to establish constructive and effective relationships
- Ability to thrive in a changing and growing work environment that promotes respect and collaboration
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE
Auberge Shalom is a special, highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of conjugal violence. We provide a supportive and learning-focused environment where we strive for each employee to reach their full potential.
We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
- Position Type: Permanent
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Starting Salary: 35,95$
- Work Schedule: preferably 35 hours per week
- (possibility of 32 hours per week, to be discussed)
- Including 1 evening shift and flexible hours to supervise night and weekend staff
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
*note: prorated based on a 35h work week