Cando is a National non-profit Indigenous community-based organization that devotes its activities towards building and strengthening Indigenous economies, providing education, professional development, and networking opportunities for Economic Development Officers (EDOs) working in Indigenous communities or organizations. Reporting to Manager of Administrative Services and / or Executive Director, the Administrative Support position is responsible for assisting Cando in its primary mandate by providing senior level administrative support to Cando’s management and staff. This position’s responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative support to Manager-Administrative Services and / or Executive Director and other staff members as required.
- Performing word processing utilizing a variety of programs including Word, Excel and Outlook. This includes creating drafts, formatting and editing of correspondence, reports, spreadsheets and other documents as required.
- Scheduling of online meetings for various projects and initiatives, via Outlook, MS Teams and Zoom.
- Taking minutes for various Committees’ meetings, recording information, producing a summary of the information discussed and distributing the information to the individuals involved.
- Overseeing orders and inventory of office supplies to ensure sufficient stock levels are maintained.
- Assisting with coordinating logistics and booking travel for regional events and conferences.
- Assisting with managing travel arrangements for staff, Board and Committee members.
- Assisting with managing inventory of promotional materials, receiving and processing orders, re-ordering stock as needed, tracking inventory, and ensuring information regarding what Cando has available is kept up to date.
- Conducting research as requested to respond to member inquiries for assistance in locating resources, contacts, and other information, and conducting research for content development of various economic development initiatives.
- Performing day-to-day responsibilities of ensuring Cando’s members, stakeholders and members of the public are treated in a congenial and respectful manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Successful completion of a certification or designation program as an Administrative Professional plus 3-5 years hands-on experience is preferred.
- Customer service experience with clients of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment and / or in an Indigenous organization is a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of existing federal and provincial programs and initiatives available to Indigenous communities that support economic and business development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTITUDE REQUIRED
- Computer skills at an intermediate level including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding of Indigenous culture and protocols and the current issues, constraints and potential solutions to economic development amongst First Nation communities and Métis Settlements.
- Friendly, punctual, reliable and professional.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Exceptional time management skills, organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with changing priorities on a regular basis and willingness to offer assistance to other staff.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently either independently or as part of the dedicated Cando team. It is each employee’s responsibility to assist in maintaining a safe, supportive, encouraging work environment.
Salary is $25.00-$27.00/hour and will be determined based on the successful candidate’s knowledge and related experience. Health and dental benefits upon successful completion of a probationary period. Note, this position is based in Edmonton, AB. Relocation costs (if applicable) are the responsibility of the successful applicant. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.