These are full-time union contract positions scheduled to work 35 hours per week**.
Current incumbents are on secondment.
- Conducts housing search in and outside of Toronto for government assisted and/or private-sponsored refugees upon arrival in Canada.
- Escorts clients to housing appointments and advocates on their behalf.
- Secures appropriate and affordable housing for refugees within a timeframe.
- Recruits housing providers and maintains a housing data bank/registry of housing providers.
- Provides crisis support and intervention as required.
- Mentoring volunteers to assist with housing search and escorting of clients.
- Maintains program and statistical information in COSTI’s database (CIS), prepares monthly reports and updates funder’s database (iCARE).
- Conducts mandatory RAP Housing orientation session to ensure that client understands their housing options/cost of living and their rights and responsibilities under tenant and landlord act.
- Prepares Clients’ Income Letters/Financial sheets.
- Liaises and consults with other professionals and organizations.
- Ensures that moving procedures/furniture order are in place for each client.
- Prepares bi-weekly move out reports.
- Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working within the Housing Help Sector.
- Previous experience working with working with refugees, survivors of torture, persecution, war or abuse.
- Previous case management experience is a must.
- Fluency in any of the following languages considered an asset: Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Somali, Amharic, Spanish.
- Knowledge of specific issues facing resettled refugees in general and the Resettlement Assistance Program more specifically.
- Knowledge of settlement and housing related services and resources, with an emphasis on the services and resources that exist within the Greater Toronto Area and surrounding areas.
- Knowledge and ability to integrate anti-oppression, critical disability, LGBTQI2S and trans-positivity approach in support of strengths-based principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Internet, Email and Windows software e.g. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in data-entry, documentation and reporting.
- Excellent communication, organization and coordination skills.
- Must be able to travel within the GTA to multiple locations using public transportation. Access to a vehicle is considered an asset.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
LOCATION: Dixon Rd & HWY 401
DURATION: September 21, 2023 to March 31, 2024 ( 2 positions)
September 21,2023 to December 31,2023 (2 positions)
SALARY RANGE: $ 26.26 to $28.26 per hour
POSTING DATE: September 5, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Sept 19, 2023