INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Senior’s Program Facilitator – Part-Time/ Hourly
Approx. 14 hours per week (Thursday/ Fridays with some flexibility for additional days)
Submission Deadline: ASAP or Until Filled
The Seniors Program Facilitator will lead CMOW’s regularly scheduled Senior’s Social and Wellness Programs in Bolton, Orangeville and throughout Caledon and requires travel throughout these areas.
- Plan, schedule and implement social, recreational, and educational programs for adults 55+
- Conduct fitness activities for Seniors.
- Welcome new and existing participants into the program.
- Take and submit attendance, as well as assisting new participants in filling out registration forms.
- Collaborate with CMOW program team including volunteers to ensure program activities are implemented as planned.
- Purchase snacks and supplies according to set budget.
- Execute outreach in senior’s building and in the community to encourage participation in CMOW programs and services.
- Provide program and client updates to program supervisor and team, as required.
- Provide information, make referrals, and connect participants to services and supports in the community.
- Operate within CMOW's policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as required.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Interest in working with adults 55+ required.
- Passion and interest in advancing all aspects of Seniors health and wellness.
- Diploma in Social Services/Gerontology or 2 years’ experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of seniors’ issues.
- Knowledge, training or certifications in fitness, or an interest in in developing/ advancing skills to instruct Senior’s fitness.
- Ability to work effectively with computers including Windows and MS Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and creativity.
- Flexible schedule with availability throughout the week.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds (9 kilograms).
- Able to work in Bolton, Orangeville and throughout Caledon.
- Use of a car is required and must be willing to travel to Bolton on a regular basis.
- CPR/First Aid and Food Handlers Certificates are an asset.
- Criminal Reference/ Vulnerable Sector Check is required.