position Purpose summary:
The Cook prepares and serves a nutritious meal in accordance with applicable food service and safety regulations.
· Prep / Cook meals for our Seniors Lunch Program
· Track food inventory
· Place food supply orders with Supervisor
· Will be required to pick up food supplies
· Assist in the set-up of guest tables, serving tables, chaffing dishes and serving utensils
· Keep kitchen work surfaces clean and sanitized, and adhere to proper standards of hygiene and safe handling of foods while preparing and serving of meals
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Food Handlers Certificate
· Standard First Aid and/or WMHIS an asset but not required.
· 2-3 Year prior related cooking experience
Note: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
· The performance of the job requires frequent attention to the preparation of food, reading recipes, adhering to safety procedures and regulations, and occasionally ordering supplies.
· Job requires frequent amount of standing and walking.
· Ability to work independently
· Good organizational and time management skills, ability to follow detailed instructions
· Lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required.
· Providing direction and checking on staff/volunteers
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
DAYS and HOURS of work: Approximately 10-15 hours per week depending on programs operating, typically weekdays, mainly Thursdays and Fridays. Summers and Christmas off. Please contact for more details.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!