This is a fulltime non- union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week from
October 16, 2023, to March 31, 2024, with possibility of extension**
- Responsible for managing and supervising all aspects of the Dementia Seniors’ Day Program including management of the Centre facility and program staff.
- Ensures that seniors and their families receive person-centred information and support.
- Establishes assessment procedures and support services for clients.
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, training, and evaluating a team of 10-12 staff.
- Plans, implements, monitors and evaluates the program ensuring quality of services meet established objectives.
- Develops and implements a marketing and outreach strategy.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with other agencies, professionals, and government officials.
- Researches, develops & prepares grant proposals for government & non-government funding sources.
- Prepares statistical and narrative reports.
- Develops, manages, and oversees an annual budget of approximately $1.2 million & monitors expenses within organizational policies and practices.
- Develops monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for program operation and service delivery
- Ensures the safety of clients by adhering to Health & Safety regulations and policies and improving safety practices.
- Ensures that the program and staff follow operational policies and procedures.
- Participates in division management team meetings, organizational meetings and external community commitments and takes on tasks and lead roles as assigned.
- Responsible for the purchase of office and program equipment and supplies e.g., furniture, office, and kitchen equipment etc. and the maintenance of the program’s facilities., office and kitchen equipment etc. and the maintenance of the program’s facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in health/social services or equivalent with relevant work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in managing a senior’s day program/facility.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing supportive services to seniors in need of dementia care and their families.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in managing staff, as well as administering geriatric programs and the financial responsibilities associated with the program such as budgeting and cashflow management
- Working knowledge of legislative and program requirements in operating a senior’s day program/facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of ageing and dementia care
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with government institutions, and other institutions, community, and organizations.
- Ability to communicate in Italian or Spanish would be considered an asset.
- knowledge and experience of grant writing would be considered an asset.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel, and online platforms is essential.
- Access to a car and a valid driver's license is necessary.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to request information establishing the validity of the exemption.
LOCATION: Humber River Hospital, 2111 Finch Ave W
DURATION: October 16, 2023 to March 31, 2024 with a possibility of extension
SALARY RANGE: $32.85 per hour to $36.73 per hour
POSTING DATE: September 7, 2023
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2023
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference 193-23 to the below link: