This is a fulltime non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to program manager and the service team.
- Greets clients/public and directs them to appropriate service/personnel.
- Handles client inquiries in person, on the telephone and via email and virtual meeting tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services.
- Responsible for registering clients online and in-person and scheduling appointments
- Collects and inputs client data into the CIS (Client Information System) systems.
- Verifies, compiles, corrects and types statistical and narrative reports.
- Prepares letters, documents, and certificates for signature regarding status of client.
- Liaises with service delivery staff to support client intake and assessment.
- Engages with various vendors and assist in troubleshooting
- Creates, organizes, and maintains operational files online.
- Prepares, accepts, sorts and routes incoming mail, courier deliveries and other materials.
- Prepares, maintains and distributes materials for program outreach.
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 18 months of experience providing administrative support
- Ability to work remotely and independently using the phone, computer, and internet
- Experience using virtual meeting tools such as Zoom, MS Teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email and Desktop Publishing is essential.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers
- Ability to speak a second language other than English is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining a database, which includes data-entry, analysis of data, and reporting.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
The position is open to Union members on a secondment basis.
LOCATION: Humber River Hospital, 2111 Finch Ave W
DURATION: November 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024 with a possibility of extension
SALARY RANGE: $23.26 - $25.03 per hour* currently under review
POSTING DATE: September 7, 2023
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2023