Job Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Location: Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 20+
Scheduled Hours: Two week rotation working 8 to 12 hrs shifts based on person served needs, rotation includes working weekends and evenings 2 to 3 shifts per week
Number of Positions: 2
343-31 Green House
This program supports a semi independent individual who requires physical assistance with personal care, meal prep and other daily living skills. As well as support to access community social, recreational and community activities.
IMPORTANT - The client owns a cat, therefore staff should have no allergies and be comfortable around cats.
In Your Role You Will
• Provide personal care, as needed, (grooming, bathing, toileting, etc.) as well as lifts and transfers
• support the person-served with daily living activities at home (meal preparation, light household cleaning, laundry, etc.)
• Drive person in care (in your own vehicle) to appointments, errands, and/or leisure activities in the community
• Ensure their safety at home and within the community
• Administer medication, first aid if/when necessary.
• Link the client to community support services
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Experience working with persons requiring home care supports, such as a Home Healthcare Aide, HCA, Personal Support Worker, PSW, Nursing student, etc.
• Experience performing one-person lifts and transfers safely
• High School Diploma. Ideally, post secondary education in a related human services field
• MUST HAVE - Valid Class 5 Driver’s License; reliable vehicle, clean driver’s abstract and adequate insurance
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living
• Good computer skills - as all files are electronic
Not sure you meet the requirements? We may be able to consider diverse combinations of skills, education and experience, so please apply.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada, a national social services agency, provides community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth and young offenders, designed to foster positive life changes, increase self-esteem and confidence.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Regular wage increases at 6 months and 1 year employment.
• Staff training and opportunities to learn/work in a wide array of programs.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Best practices programming and innovative care.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!