This is a fulltime management position scheduled to work 35 hours per week
- Collaborate with Department/Program leadership to plan and execute communication and event strategies aligned with COSTI's priorities.
- Conceptualize and develop integrated communication and event strategies for Departments/Programs, considering various communication channels.
- Monitor, assess, and evaluate communication and event plans, preparing reports to demonstrate impact and adjustments as needed.
- Write and edit communication and event materials, oversee design and production of collateral.
- Oversee the development and creation of video and photography assets.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and support their communication and event priorities.
- Collaborate with and direct vendors such as creative agencies, caterers, decorators, and audio-visual teams to ensure seamless coordination and delivery of services.
- Conduct research and environmental scans, providing communication recommendations and solutions.
- Explore and recommend new communication channels and platforms.
- Prioritize work assignments and supervise workflow to achieve operational goals effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in strategic communications, event planning, and management.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, editing, and creative skills.
- Proficiency in various software applications and social media platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Sway), design, and publishing software, (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Canva).
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to request information establishing the validity of the exemption.
LOCATION: 1710 Dufferin St. Toronto,Hybrid work model
START DATE: October 16, 2023
POSTING DATE: September 11, 2023
CLOSING DATE: September 25, 2023