**This is a fulltime contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week from November 1, 2023, to March 31, 2024, with possibility of extension**
- Work closely with Program Manager and the service team to determine scope of care and set parameters for program eligibility.
- Accept and record new referrals to the Seniors Day Program in COSTI’s Client Intake System, verify information and coordinate assessment schedule.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of potential participants to determine their physical, cognitive, emotional, and social needs.
- Enroll eligible applicants to the program and provide detailed information about the senior day care program, including services offered, schedules, fees, and policies, to potential participants and their families.
- Answer inquiries and address concerns to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Input referral data and care plan. Ensure that all required documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Conduct orientation sessions for new participants and their families, providing an overview of the program, schedules, and available resources.
- Maintain accurate and confidential participant records, including assessments, care plans, and enrolment documents. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Review and evaluate clients’ participation of program and provide regular updates to family caregivers.
- Troubleshoot Issues, provide resolutions, and offer comprehensive support to clients and families for their care needs, including service connection, information, and referrals.
- Collaborate with Program team in developing a discharge/termination plan for clients and families.
- Collaborate with community agencies, healthcare providers, and social services to provide appropriate referrals and resources to participants and their families when needed.
- Ensure clients’ dignity and rights are well respected in the program.
- Participate in team meetings and attend case management meetings with family and clients.
- Provide input, feedback and recommendations to improve processes, quality, and operations.
- Complete other ad hoc administrative duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in social work, mental health, psychology, health studies or related discipline.
- Experience with intake/scheduling, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Previous experience in intake coordination, social work, or a similar role.
- Experience with supporting seniors with mental health needs.
- Familiar with and understand the Italian, Spanish or Portuguese Culture.
- Must be fluent in either Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of senior care services, understanding of aging care needs, and ability to locate appropriate resources
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Excel, and online platforms is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a compassionate and empathetic approach.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Must undergo and successfully pass a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) as a condition of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to request information establishing the validity of the exemption.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, make decisions, and respond to multiple priorities and to meet deadlines successfully under pressure.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01 and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
The position is open to Union members on a secondment basis.
LOCATION: Humber River Hospital, 2111 Finch Ave W
DURATION: November 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024 with a possibility of extension
SALARY RANGE: $27.64 to $30.03 per hour, * currently under review
POSTING DATE: September 13, 2023
CLOSING DATE: September 27, 2023
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference to the below link: