The Burnaby Neighbourhood House is a volunteer-driven, community-based social service agency that provides programs and services in response to identified community needs. The Team Lead is responsible for overseeing a targeted afterschool drop-in program. This is a low barrier program aimed at providing extra social/emotional support for participants with barriers. The Team Lead reports directly to the After School Program Coordinator.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- To promote Neighbourhood House philosophy by ensuring participants have the opportunities to connect across program areas.
- To ensure all policies and procedures, as set by the board, are followed
- To oversee and ensure a quality program for participants, ensuring social, physical, creative, and emotional needs are being met
- To provide ongoing supervision and support for staff and volunteers
- To assist the coordinator in management of the budget
- To provide initial orientation for new children
- To provide monthly statistics as required for agency
- Participate in community dinners and other BNH events as required
- Liaise with school and community staff
- To build positive relationships with participants and provide on-going social/emotional support
- To maintain positive relationships with other groups/programs in the schools
- To build relationships with parents and address concerns or to resolve issues
- Other tasks as required (staff training, evaluations, etc.) in cooperation with Director
- Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism.
- A high level of functional spoken and written English skills sufficient to ensure successful communication with staff, children and parents
- Completion of Early Childhood Educator Certificate, School-Aged Childcare Certificate, Recreation Leadership Diploma or Child and Youth Care Diploma.
- 2-3 years of experience providing care and mature guidance to school-aged children in a daycare or recreational setting.
- 1-2 years supervising and supporting staff.
- Current 1st Aid and CPR certification.
- Current criminal record check.
- Documented compliance with BC’s immunization and tuberculosis control programs.
Direct Report: Program Coordinator
Hours of Work: Program Team Leaders availability is from Monday to Friday from 2:30pm to 5:30pm
Starting Wage: Starting wage is $19.82. 4% holiday pay will be added to pay.
Closing date: September 30th 2023
Positions start: October 2nd 2023
Position Ending: June 2024
We thank all who apply however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.