Digital Engagement & Impact Coordinator
Full time | Annual salary $54K – $66K
ABOUT SIERRA CLUB BC
Sierra Club of British Columbia Foundation (Sierra Club BC) is an environmental charity whose core mission is to advance climate justice and ecosystem protection by uplifting grassroots-led change. We are committed to engaging with and learning from diverse communities and knowledge systems. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team implementing its new vision and strategic plan to create a brighter future for the lands, waters and all who call them home.
We offer a living wage and are committed to justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion in both our hiring practices and work environment. We encourage women, people of Indigenous ancestry, people of color, LGBTQIA2SP individuals and members of other diverse communities to apply for careers with our organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Using your creativity and passion for the many beings who call the west coast home, you’ll engage our existing members and help invite new audiences in, particularly those who may not have seen themselves reflected in the environmental movement before. This position will focus on boosting engagement through three main avenues: (1) communicating SCBC’s impact through compelling written and shortform video materials shared across social media, our website and email platforms, (2) interactive webinar/online event development and (3) creating annual giving fundraising content (including e-appeals).
The Digital Engagement and Impact Coordinator will work collaboratively across the Development and Communication departments. Sierra Club BC maintains a largely remote work environment with some
in-person outreach events. Due to this hybrid nature, applicants based in the Metro Vancouver area will be prioritized.
Please note: We acknowledge the following list of responsibilities is extensive and may seem daunting for some potential candidates. We encourage applicants who, while not being able to handle all these responsibilities from day one, can demonstrate they have the potential to grow into all of them. We commit to creating an environment that will support such growth.
- Assist in the drafting and editing of written material, including fundraising materials and content illustrating our impact across our website, email marketing platform and social media.
- Co-manage social media accounts and advertising. This includes drafting and scheduling social media content for various channels such as Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), TikTok and Instagram.
- Create shortform videos and graphics to help highlight the scope of our work.
- Attend and document in-person events to share compelling report backs with our members.
- Monitor inboxes and engage with our members across email and social media platforms.
- Facilitate interactive webinars to foster community discussion. This includes building website registration pages, hosting webinars and providing tech support.
- Track and analyze performance data to assess the success of our online strategies.
- Assist in creating the engagement calendar, including keeping staff across the organization on track for timely production of deliverables.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Superb writing and copyediting skills, with the ability to create engaging content that can be adapted across a wide variety of platforms and media.
- Deep commitment to Sierra Club BC’s values and theory of change, and ability to convey it persuasively to current and prospective supporters.
- Familiar with graphic design, photo and video editing platforms (Canva or similar platform at minimum, a bonus if you’re experienced with the Adobe Creative Suite).
- Working knowledge of CMS (e.g. Wordpress) and Microsoft Office 365. CRM knowledge (i.e. Salesforce) an asset.
- Experience working in intercultural contexts and upholding JEDI (justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion) principles.
- Strong customer service skills as you’ll be communicating with our donor and supporter base.
- Bonus: Familiarity with using mirrorless/DSLR cameras for documenting SCBC events.
- This is a five days per week (37.5 hours) position, with a starting pay rate of $54K-$66K.
- Annual increases within salary range; salary range subject to annual cost of living adjustments.
- Initial three weeks of paid vacation, with scheduled increases to five weeks; additional week of paid time off while the office is closed over the winter holiday period.
- Solid benefits package including health, vision, dental, and other supports for wellness.
- Personal and professional development opportunities are available.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a CV and cover letter in a consolidated document, with the words “Application for Digital Engagement and Impact Coordinator” in the subject line to Mya Van Woudenberg, Communications Co-Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications received by midnight on Tuesday, October 10, 2023, will receive priority consideration for interviews. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
- Applications are welcome from across British Columbia, preference given to those based in Metro Vancouver given the in-person aspects of the job. International applications will not be considered.
- No phone calls please. Only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted. We thank you for your time in applying to Sierra Club BC for this role.