YACRO Metro is currently seeking Community Residential Support Workers in the Dartmouth, Bedford, Lower Sackville, and Beaver Bank areas for casual, part-time, and/or full-time positions.
The job is to support individuals with disabilities in all aspects of their daily living which include but are not limited to:
· Providing support to individuals to attend medical appointments, social events, etc.
· Assisting with cooking, cleaning, laundry and all other household duties
· Assisting with personal care as needed
· Providing guidance and support through behavioral challenges
· Support individuals with maintaining relationships with family members and friends and developing new relationships
· Completing daily documentation
· Administer medications according to procedure
· Working collaboratively within a team by observing and reporting changes in a client's physical and mental health
· High school graduate. Some college preferred.
· Previous experience working with individuals with developmental and/or physical disabilities
· Several positions require eligibility to drive our agency owned vehicle. A valid driver’s license and current driver’s abstract will be required upon hire
· Provincial Core Competencies as outlined by DCS (must have all current or be willing to obtain):
· A belief in the equality and dignity of all people
· Ability to work various shifts; primarily days, but also nights, weekends, and holidays
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Personal qualities of emotional maturity, empathy and compassion
· Possess a strong desire to have a positive effect on people with disabilities, and a commitment to supporting and promoting their individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals
Successful applicants must provide or obtain upon hire:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!