Hours of Work Per Week: 30
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: Mon to Fri 1pm to 7pm
348-34 Ft McMurray - Supportive Independent Living program
Bona Fide Occupational Requirement: This is a gender-specific position based upon the behaviour and needs of the person-served.
The Supportive Independent Living Worker supports/teaches a young female client independent living skills, such as household chores and social skills and employment coaching.
This position requires flexibility for some evenings to provide employment supports for the client. Schedule to be set based on client needs.
In Your Role You Will
- Mentor and teach life skills including household management, financial budgeting, self-care, communication skills, relationships, self-expression, social skills (coping with emotions and change), personal safety, etc.
- Cook/assist client in planning, preparing and cooking meals
- Help client find activities of interest.
- Develop life skills and support with employment opportunities.
- Promote inclusion in community activities involving educational, recreational programming, etc.
- Link the client to community support services and employment coaching such as resume building or job searches, as required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Grade 12 Diploma or Diploma in Disability Studies or related Social Sciences/Human Services or equivalent.
- 2 years community support experience as well as experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license, Driver’s Abstract and acceptable 3 year driver abstract
- First Aid/CPR, Abuse Protocols, Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!