Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Hours: Combination of day, evenings and weekend including on-call rotation
WJS Canada provides home-based programs and community supports for individuals with developmental disabilities or an acquired brain injury, as well as, addiction, complex mental health needs and high behaviours.
Through community living and life skill coaching, our highly skilled team encourage inclusion, harm reduction and participation to become active and involved in their communities.
*** This is a Temporary full time role to cover a Leave of Absence. you are welcome to apply for any permanent positions with WJS Canada while filling this role.***
Hire, train, schedule and supervise staff who are committed to delivering high quality client supports; following Individual Service Plans, and working directly with the clients and their families/care teams to develop a safe/goal-oriented program.
• Must have good shift availability to work flexible hours, as well as, on-call hours.
• Some travel between programs (within town) may be required.
• The Team Leader reports to the Program Director.
In Your Role You Will
• Work a combination of days, evenings and weekends and available for on call rotation
• Manage the daily operation of the programs (facilities, equipment and staffing)
• Schedule, supervise, orient/train and evaluate residential staff
• Ensure comprehensive and accurate recording and reporting of information (e.g. daily logs, incidents reports)
• Approve time sheets and related payroll documents
• Consult the Program Director in implementing performance improvement plans and as necessary, discipline of staff
• Participate on the assessment/treatment teams for the admission, assessment & placement of individuals referred for service
• Assist the Program Director with the coordination of case conferences
• Overnight checks required quarterly
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• 5 years' experience providing supports to persons with developmental disabilities and complex needs AND at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity
• Diploma in Disabilities Studies, Degree in related Social Sciences, Human Services, Special Education, etc.
• Experience writing and implementing program plans and goals is an asset
• Must have valid class 5 driver license with clear driving abstract and must have reliable transportation
• Ability to lead staff to meet the requirements of the Individual Service Plan
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work well in an environment with potential for violence in the workplace; physical intervention skills an asset
• Work with multiple persons served, as well as, with staffing teams – with and without direct supervision
Not sure you meet the requirements? We may be able to consider diverse combinations of skills, education and experience, so please apply.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada, a national social services agency, provides community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth and young offenders, designed to foster positive life changes, increase self-esteem and confidence. As a Certified B-Corp, for-profit company, we use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. Over the past 30 years, we've grown to over 700 dedicated staff who serve approximately 1,600 persons through over 125 services, with revenues that exceed $50 million annually.
Our Employees Enjoy
• A fair and equitable wage.
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• World-class staff training and personal development.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!