Family Services of Peel (FSP) is a progressive, multi-service Agency offering a dynamic work environment and culture. Are you interested in working at an organization that is committed to excellence and adds value to the community? We offer our staff competitive compensation and benefits, professional development and training, and opportunities for advancement. Peel has a highly diverse and rapidly growing population of more than one million people and includes Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Client Services’ role is to oversee and manage the various programs and services offered by the Agency. The Director, Client Services is responsible for the strategic planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of these programs, ensuring that they align with the Agency's mission and goals. As the Director of Programs, you play a crucial role in driving the success of Family Services of Peel by effectively managing and enhancing its programs to meet the needs of the community it serves.
- Program Development: Responsible for identifying the needs of the community and designing programs to address those needs. This includes conducting research, collaborating with stakeholders, and developing innovative and effective program models.
- Program Management: Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the programs, including budgeting, resource allocation, and staffing. Ensure that programs are properly staffed with qualified individuals and that resources are allocated efficiently to achieve program goals.
- Strategic Planning: Work with the Executive Team to develop and implement the Agency's strategic plan. This involves setting program objectives, defining strategies to achieve those objectives, and monitoring progress toward goals.
- Collaboration and Partnerships: Build and maintain partnerships with other organizations, government agencies, and community stakeholders to enhance program effectiveness and leverage resources. Includes joint program initiatives, funding opportunities, and information sharing.
- Evaluation and Quality Assurance: Develop and implement systems to monitor and evaluate program outcomes and impact. Collecting and analyzing data, conducting program evaluations, and using feedback to improve program quality and effectiveness.
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure that programs operate in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and funding requirements. Responsible for preparing and submitting reports to funders and government agencies.
- Staff Development: Provide leadership, guidance, and support to program staff, fostering a positive work environment and promoting professional development. Supervising Program Managers, conducting performance evaluations, and identifying training needs.
- Advocacy and Public Relations: Represent the Agency in external meetings, conferences, and events, advocating for the needs of the population served by the Agency. Raising awareness about the Agency's programs and accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications include:
- Education and Experience: A Master’s degree in a relevant field such as social work, psychology, public administration, or a related discipline, including membership in good standing in a relevant professional association.
- Ten years of progressively responsible managerial roles in service development and delivery
- Leadership and Management: Strong leadership skills to oversee and manage a team of professionals.
- Social Service Expertise: A solid understanding of social service programs, policies, and regulations.
- The ability to work from home, consisting of a safe and private home office setting and the necessary technical equipment and high-speed Internet access for remote work
- Client-Centered Approach: The ability to develop and implement client-centred strategies and services. Ability to prioritize clients’ needs and well-being, ensuring services are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Excellent communication skills to build effective collaboration with clients, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Strategic Planning and Decision-Making: The ability to develop and implement strategic plans, set goals, and make informed decisions — strong analytical skills to assess client needs, evaluate program effectiveness, and identify areas for improvement.
- Budgeting and Financial Management: A solid understanding of budgeting, financial management, and resource allocation. Develop, manage budgets, monitor expenses, and seek funding opportunities to support the Agency's client services.
- Advocacy and Networking: Skills to advocate for clients and the Agency's mission in various settings, such as community meetings, government agencies, or fundraising events. Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, including community organizations and funders.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrate cultural competence and understanding of diversity, inclusivity, and equity issues. This includes respecting and valuing different cultural backgrounds, beliefs, and identities to ensure equitable access to services for all clients.
- Program Evaluation and Quality Assurance: The ability to develop and implement program evaluation processes, collect and analyze data, and make evidence-based improvements. Striving for continuous quality improvement to ensure that services meet established standards and regulations.
- As there may be a remote component to this job, the ability to work from home consisting of a safe and private home office setting and the necessary technical equipment and high-speed Internet access for remote work, and familiarity with virtual work platforms
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Family Services of Peel is committed to developing a staff team that reflects the community in which we work and the people we serve. Family Services of Peel is dedicated to building an inclusive community with a shared purpose, and we strive to represent the values of respect, collaboration and diversity. We have a strong commitment to employment equity and follow this commitment throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Family Services of Peel is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+. We also encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all the stages of the recruitment and selection process. All information that is received in regard to accommodation will be kept confidential.
We acknowledge the Haudenosaunee, Anishinabek, and Huron Wendat Indigenous territories, covered by ‘Treaty 13’, also known as the Toronto Purchase. We recognize and deeply appreciate their historic connection to this place.
An equal opportunity employer, Family Services of Peel’s policy is to recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on qualifications. In accordance with privacy legislation, by submitting your application, you are providing your consent for the recruiter to conduct employment references.
Staff will be asked to undertake and lead special assignments. This may include fundraising, strategic planning, and other related activities contributing to the continuous transformation of Family Services of Peel.
Family Services of Peel is a community-based Agency that works to strengthen families, couples and individuals through counselling, education, and support services. To ensure the highest standards of service for our clients, our staff are experienced and qualified professionals who reflect the richness of our diverse community. Our Counsellors adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Counselling and Social Work profession. We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our Agency and our range of programs and services at www.fspeel.org