Job Title : Site Support Worker
Program : Pathways to Education – Surrey
Supervisor: Volunteer and Programming Coordinator, Pathways to Education
Grid 2 ($19.59 - $20.41/hour)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and visible minorities.
The Pathways to Education Program™ is a national program, operating in 21 communities across Canada and provides a comprehensive set of academic, social, financial, and individual supports to youth. The primary goal of the Pathways to Education program is to enhance the educational success of youth living in the Downtown East side/Strathcona community in Vancouver, and youth living in the Whalley/Guildford community in Surrey.
The Site Support Worker is responsible for ensuring a safe site environment for all programming locations. The Site Support Worker is available on-site and/or online during programming activities and works with community centre staff and Pathways program staff. Key responsibilities of this role include set-up of resources and technology, youth and volunteer attendance and safety, monitoring resources, and supporting the program facilitator throughout tutoring and mentoring.
• Open and set up rooms at site locations, including food preparation and safety check
• Set out volunteer and student name tags, attendance sheets, logs, newsletters, & resources.
• Compiles program attendance data in a timely and consistent manner.
• Support tutoring/mentoring activities as needed.
• Support security and caretaking routines specific to the site location.
• Supervise students leaving the building promptly and safely at the end of programming.
• Work with Program Facilitator to handle emerging and emergency or difficult situations.
• Keep the Volunteer Coordinator up to date on student, volunteer, program or site issue/ incident.
• Work in a manner that is safe, respectful, positive, and inclusive of youth and colleagues.
• Follows confidentiality policies and procedures.
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. We work with youth and vulnerable adults in the areas of education, employment, housing, substance use and mental health, and youth and family support services. We are CARF Accredited and a Certified Living Wage Employer.
Our Vision - Everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities!
Our Mission - To inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration.
Our Values - Advocacy, Diversity and Inclusion, Empowerment, Service Excellence, Stewardship, Well-being
We are grateful to operate on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷm əθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Qw'?ntl'en (Kwantlen), se’mya’me (Semiahmoo), sc̓əwaθən məsteyəxʷ (Tsawwassen), q̓ic̓əy (Katzie), kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Coquitlam), qiqéyt (Qayqayt), máthxwi (Matsqui) and Stó:lō Nations.
* Eligibility will vary depending on terms and role requirements – details for this posting will be provided on request.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!