The University of Windsor is situated on the traditional territory of the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations: the Ojibwa, the Odawa, and the Potawatomie. We respect the longstanding relationships with First Nations people in this place in the 100-mile Windsor-Essex peninsula and the straits – les détroits – of Detroit.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the effectiveness of the academic units and administrative departments by serving as administrator for University of Windsor computing and storage server environment including physical and virtual server administration, automation and orchestration, middleware administration, and data protection / backup administration.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or University degree in a related technical field or 3 year College Computer Systems Diploma plus equivalent experience as determined by the Department
• Minimum of 5 years of experience designing, building and supporting server environments, including:
o Experience administering Relational Database Management Systems (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL, Azure SQL) and NoSQL Database Systems (e.g. MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB)
o Linux and Windows Server administration
o High Availability Architecture Implementation
o VMWare Systems Administration, Hyper-V, Power VM or other virtualization systems
o Networking (DNS, DHCP, SDN)
o Web Server and Middleware installation, monitoring, and tuning
o Storage and backup solutions including NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, NAS, SAN, RAID, RMAN, NDMP
• Experience programming / scripting / orchestration using languages / tools such as Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Bash, Puppet, Ansible
• Detailed knowledge and experience with incident / problem tracking, change management, and asset management utilizing ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) applications
• Advanced proficiency in report writing and Microsoft Office 365 application / collaboration tools
• Knowledge of current IT best practices, technologies, and regulatory/compliance standards such as:
o ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) standard practices
o Programming documentation/ versioning tools such as GitLab / GitHub
• Excellent teamwork, organization, multitasking, analytical, problem solving, decision making, customer service and written/oral communication skills (including the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to stakeholders)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
• Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies, tools and processes
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY STATEMENT:
In pursuit of the University of Windsor's employment policy as well as its equity, diversity, inclusion, and decolonization commitments, members from the designated groups (Women, Indigenous Peoples, Racialized Persons, Persons with Disabilities, and those that identify as 2SLGBTQIA+) are encouraged to apply and may self-identify if they choose to do so.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify .
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!