The Building Service Worker is responsible for maintaining housing units, residence, and buildings. This includes the maintenance both internal and external structures and ensuring buildings are safe. The individual must have the ability to work within a team environment.
- Maintain Poundmaker’s housing units to ensure the units are safe and in adequate condition.
- Maintain Poundmaker’s trailer’s units to ensure the units are safe and in adequate condition.
- Act as a liaison between Poundmaker’s Lodge and external contractors working on site.
- Basic building maintenance.
- Maintain building interiors and exteriors such as siding, drywall, flooring, roofing, porches and grounds.
- Inspect and maintain fire protection systems and equipment.
- Assist with installation of maintenance and mechanical systems.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of heating and ventilation systems.
- Other duties as required.
Safety and Security
- Comply with existing PLTC practices in the event of a crisis situation (e.g., fire and emergency).
- Regularly sign in and out on the fire regulation sheet upon shift start and end.
- Record immediately any functional or operational irregularities or concerns in or around the centre in the maintenance repair binder.