Hours of Work Per Week: 20 hrs/wk
Scheduled Hours: Weekdays 4pm to 8pm and every other weekend (Sat & Sun) 8am to 8pm
336-43 Auto Alley - now located in Westlock
Auto Alley is a single staffed 24-hour program supporting a male with challenging behaviours and developmental disabilities. who requires assistance with personal care, toileting and hygiene.
IMPORTANT - The client smokes/vapes within the residence.
Challenging behaviours may occur on a daily basis therefore, only applicants with well-developed de-escalation techniques and high behaviours/complex needs skills will be interviewed.
In Your Role You Will
• Support/supervise clients' complex behavioural, emotional and social needs/development (in the residence & during community activities)
• Use de-escalation techniques to deal with challenging behaviours.
• Support/assist individuals basic needs and life skills, etc. and achieving personal goals.
• Provide/assist with personal care i.e. toileting, bathing, personal hygiene, grooming, dental care, etc.
• Assist with household chores (meal prep, cleaning, etc.)
• Drive person in care (in your own vehicle) within the community.
• Participate in vocational, recreational, leisure activities along with client.
• Provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• Assist in the design, implementation & evaluation of ISPs, program specific policies & procedures.
• Connect the individual with their family, friends & community.
• Administer medication, first aid if/when necessary.
• Use computer program to write objective daily reports and document notes & observations regarding the client
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Work well in an environment with potential for aggression/violence
• 2+ years experience working with individuals with significant mental health concerns, aggressive behaviours and/or trauma.
• High School Diploma. Prefer a Certificate, Diploma or Degree – Disability Service Worker, Social Work, Special Education or related field
• Valid class 5 driver license with clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle
• MANDT Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification
• Confident & able to function in a crisis
Not sure you meet the requirements? We still welcome you to apply, as we may be able to consider diverse combinations of skills, education and experience.
What WJS Canada does
We are a close-knit national social services agency, that provides community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth and young offenders, designed to foster positive life changes and increase self-esteem. Over the past 30 years, we've grown to over 700 dedicated staff, in 3 provinces, who serve approximately 1,600 persons through over 125 services.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health benefits • Regular wage increases at 6 months and 1 year employment.
• Staff training and opportunities to learn/work in a wide array of programs.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• Best practices programming and innovative client care.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!