Position Title: Coordinator of Volunteer Development
Date of Posting; November 7, 2023
Closing Date: November 21, 2023
Classification: Program Coordinator 2, Grid Level 12 ($32.79 - $37.64)
Reports to: Program Manager
Hours of Work: Permanent Part-time. 21 hours/week.
Hours include evenings and weekends.
The coordinator of volunteer Development is responsible for marketing volunteer opportunities, ensuring effective recruitment and screening of volunteers, matching volunteers to a range of opportunities across the organization and supporting individual volunteer development over time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for recruiting volunteers according to established targets.
- Ensure effective recruitment, screening and interviewing of potential volunteers for all programs.
- Promote public awareness of and interest in Chimo volunteer programs and opportunities to the community.
- Work with program coordinators to identify and develop new volunteer opportunities within the organization.
- Develop an organizational-wide coaching program to meet the needs of all volunteers based services.
- Identify unique talents and skills among current volunteers and support volunteer development across the range of opportunities throughout the organization.
- Create and maintain volunteer retention strategies, including workshops, social events, long service recognition, and newsletter.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in training, coaching, and supporting others.
- Extensive experience in marketing and program promotions.
- One to three years of experience in supervisory or leadership capacity.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with community organizations.
- Demonstrated success in working well with individuals from diverse backgrounds.