ABOUT IRON & EARTH
Who we are & where we come from: Iron & Earth is a non-profit organization with roots in the fossil fuel industry.
What we do: We create pathways to opportunities in the net-zero economy for fossil fuel workers, Indigenous Peoples, and their communities.
How we do it: Our programs lower barriers to building community-led climate solutions for a sustainable future through engagement, training programs, infrastructure projects, and career platforms.
Where Iron & Earth meet: We have not forgotten who we are, and our new vision sets our sights on who we want to be.
Our team welcomes Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons, people with diverse abilities, genders and sexualities, as well as individuals with fossil fuel industry experience. We truly value every individual and are constantly taking steps to accommodate all individuals in our workplace.
ABOUT THE JOB
Iron & Earth is looking for a NationBuilder & Data Privacy Expert to join our team. As we grow as an organization, Iron & Earth is looking to restructure our NationBuilder database. If you are familiar with NationBuilder and have a solid, in depth understanding of the platform, this might be a job for you. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, ready to do the “heavy-lifting” and help us get the most out of NationBuilder. And, as our Data Privacy Expert, you will play a critical role in safeguarding our organization's data assets and ensuring compliance with data protection regulations.
- Reorganize the existing registries in NationBuilder;
- Ensure all team members that use the platform have basic knowledge of it;
- Generate reports based on team leaders needs;
- Manage communications via emailing through NationBuilder;
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security, and develop and implement appropriate policy and procedures;
- Write and develop documentation for NationBuilder, and participate in the development of documentation best practices;
- Conduct research, document, provide advice, and instruction to other NationBuilder users regarding the selection, application and implementation of features to help ensure the most appropriate tool is used for the task;
- Ensure all compliances are met for funding grant agreements;
- Create process and templates for participant information collection for each initiative;
- Create a process through which all the collected information is uploaded to Nation Builder;
- Create and implement policies about communicating with participants;
Data Privacy Expert:
- Develop, implement, and maintain data privacy policies and procedures;
- Keep abreast of evolving data privacy laws and regulations, and ensure our organization's policies remain up-to-date;
- Conduct privacy impact assessments and risk assessments to identify and mitigate data privacy risks;
- Monitor and audit data handling processes to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations such as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act), PIPA (Personal Information Protection Act), CASL ( Canada's anti-spam legislation) and other regional data protection laws;
- Advise cross-functional teams on data privacy best practices and compliance requirements;
- Manage data breach incident responses, including notification processes and mitigation strategies;
- Ensure timely reporting to regulatory authorities and affected individuals when necessary;
- Manage and facilitate data subject rights requests, including access, rectification, deletion, and consent management;
- Serve as the point of contact for data subjects and regulatory authorities on privacy-related matters;
- Collaborate with legal, IT & Security, and other departments to align data privacy efforts with overall corporate goals.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Information Security, Law, or Data Privacy)l;
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or equivalent certification is considered to be an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of data protection laws and regulations (e.g., GDPR, PIPA, PIPEDA, CASL);
- Exhaustive knowledge of NationBuilder;
- Strong working knowledge of privacy legislation, and best practices;
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and Liquid;
- Knowledge of G Suite;
- Knowledge of Notion is considered to be an asset;
- NationBuilder Expert Certification is a must.
Compensation and Hours
This is a full time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience ranging from $25 CAD/h to $40 CAD/h.
Anywhere in Canada, as we are a completely remote organization. Work hours should overlap with the Eastern time zone.