JHST is currently recruiting for two positions within our Youth Programs!
1) Support Worker/Facilitator- Helping Individuals Plan Positively (HIPP)-Contract
HIPP is a youth centered program for those aged 17-24 whom are at risk of becoming engaged in pro-criminal behaviours. This program focuses on helping these young people build the skills to meet educational, employment and personal goals there by reducing the likelihood of conflict with the law.
2) Support Worker/Facilitator- Crossroads Youth Program (CYP)-Permanent
CYP is an African-Caribbean youth centered program for those aged 16 years and older whom are at risk of becoming engaged in pro-criminal behaviours. Through individualized case management and group programming youth have access to positive social and personal development opportunities. Culturally specific programming is incorporated to reduce the over-representation of Toronto’s most marginalized youth.
1. To provide counselling support to youth at risk of becoming involved in the criminal justice system.
2. Co-facilitate the HIPP Curriculum in group and individual format.
3. To support and offer guidance to significant others involved with the youth receiving services.
4. Understanding of anti-oppressive theory.
5. Delivery of responsive programming to youth at risk – group and individual counselling.
6. Self-motivated individual with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team-oriented setting.
7. Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
8. Excellent case and file management, stress management and time management skills.
9. Ability to engage people to build trust and rapport; effective verbal and listening, communications skills; strong interviewing and counselling skills.
10. Knowledge of African-Caribbean culture and experience working with African-Caribbean
persons; understanding the cultural complexities and environmental factors.
11. Understanding of anti-oppressive and anti-black racism theory
12. Delivery of culturally specific programming to black youth – group and individual counselling
13. To be knowledgeable about and to work with community agencies and referral sources who will be in a position to assist clients in meeting short and long term goals.
14. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
15. Adhere to policies and procedures.
16. Proficient in Microsoft Office including database applications.
17. Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and/or weekends.
18. To assist in maintaining accessible, relevant, responsive and quality services
19. Perform other duties or assignments as directed by the Team Lead – Youth Services.
Lived Experience that is considered relevant to the HIPP & CYP Program curriculum.
Experience working with youth and/or previous counselling experience with individuals involved in the justice system.
A solid understanding of providing responsive programming to youth at risk an asset.
Knowledge of intersectionality and anti-oppression concepts.
Demonstrated equivalency of experience and training will be considered.
Knowledge of community resources.
Intermediate-Advanced word processing skills are required. Familiarity and ability to support harm reduction approaches for people who use substances.
Recent criminal record check
Ability to speak and communicate in French an asset
Must be available in evenings and weekends
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!