Junior Instructor Therapist-Relief
3 Month Contract, up to 24 hours per week
Do you have a passion for working with children with Autism and want to empower them to fully participate in
their communities? If so, we encourage you to apply.
Geneva Centre for Autism (GCA) is a pioneer in developing leading edge resources, programs and services that
serve as models for other organizations throughout the world. Our mission is to empower individuals with
Autism Spectrum Disorder, and their families, to fully participate in their communities.
The Junior Instructor Therapist-Relief is responsible for working directly with children with ASD and their families
in the provision of an ABA program to include but not limited to, following behaviour plans, data collection and
display, and preparation of program materials.
Provide direct service in the ABA Classroom (under the supervision of a BCBA) in a one-on-one and/or in a group
setting to include but not limited to the following:
• Implementing programs according to the treatment plan
• Address personal care requirements of the child during each session
• Monitor and track behavioural data/follow behavioural protocols
• Prepare teaching materials
• Ensures ongoing communication with Clinical Supervisor and/or Instructor Therapist
• University degree or College diploma in behavioural sciences, social services, psychology or early childhood
• Behavioural Science diploma is an asset
• Up to 1 year work experience (equivalent education and experience may be considered)
• Have a good understanding of early childhood education, autism and applied behaviour analysis
• Previous experience working with children with developmental disabilities and/or Autism
• Available to work evenings, weekend, in home and centre-based
• An interest in professional development and further developing clinical skills
• Strong interpersonal and time-management skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members and accept feedback and direction;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Access to a reliable means of transportation (e.g., TTC, personal vehicle);
• Comfortable working in a structured environment
• Demonstrated reliability and dependability
• Satisfactory current Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Records Check
• Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
• Classroom setting
• Must be able to wear a mask and shield throughout their shift.
• Must be willing to do cleaning duties.
• Ability to spend most of the day at the child’s level, i.e. sitting on the floor, or on child height chairs.
• Able to bend, stoop and lift child to adult height (up to 20 kg) and to move children’s furniture or
equipment to prepare room for programming needs.
Salary: $25.35/hour + 4% vacation
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization in which values,
behaviours, systems and structures are in place to facilitate equal access to service and employment. We invite
all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and
racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender
identities and expressions.
Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment,
assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or
procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will
work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Postings during COVID-19
Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the
health and safety of our staff and clients, the GCA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID19 and submit proof of vaccination upon hirin
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!