Parent Peer Support Position - CASA Mental Health (Edmonton, Alberta)
Location: Onsite position at one or more of CASA’s sites in EdmontonFor over 20 years, FamilySmart has been working to enhance the quality and experiences of
services, support and information families receive when seeking help for their child, youth or
young adult with mental health challenges. We help children and young people by helping their
family and other caring adults. We know children and young people do better when the adults
who care about them are supported.
More About FamilySmart Parent Peer Support Workers:
Parent Peer Support Workers are parents and caregivers of children or youth with mental health
and/or substance use challenges. Your personal experience of parenting a young person who
has accessed services at CASA is the primary requirement for this role. Your experiences will
help other families find comfort and feel less alone.
As a Parent Peer Support Worker at CASA, you will provide peer support to families whose
children and youth are experiencing difficulty with their mental health and/or with substance
use and are currently accessing, waiting to access or have previously accessed services at CASA.
Our Peer Support includes:
● Providing emotional support to families and caregivers
● Sharing information and resources with families and caregivers
● Offering knowledge/education to families and caregivers
● Helping families and caregivers navigate (find their way to) services
● Building on parents’ and caregivers’ strengths and offering hope
Parent Peer Support at CASA also includes:
● Presenting on Parent Peer Support to CASA’s clinical teams
● Presenting on Parent Peer Support at CASA corporate orientation sessions for new staff
● Joining CASA’s “Enhanced Intake” sessions led by a CASA therapist for waitlisted familiesThe
FamilySmart Parent Peer Support Worker at CASA will support families in person at
specified CASA locations, on the phone, by video chat, and through email. As well as, attend
FamilySmart’s monthly online events for parents and caregivers.
You do not need to be an expert in mental health, your family's experience is enough.
● Are good at building relationships
● Make connections easily
● Demonstrate compassion and care to others
● Are able to work collaboratively with CASA teams, to build relationships between
children, youth, families and CASA Clinical Staff
● Are comfortable promoting and presenting on FamilySmart’s Parent Peer Support
● Have strong verbal and written skills
● Good working knowledge of Google Workspace, including gmail, calendar and docs
● Can pass a criminal records check
● Have the ability to work from a home office
FamilySmart provides excellent support, supervision and training and will help you learn and
develop the skills that we have discovered to help families and service providers work well
Subject line: FamilySmartParent Peer Support Worker: CASA Mental Health
Please note that the assessment of applicants will be made on an ongoing basis and continue
until a hire is made.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FamilySmart is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family
status, marital status, physical or mental disability, place of origin, political belief, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation and criminal conviction unrelated to employment
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!