Poundmaker’s Lodge Treatment Centres is growing and expanding and as such, we have an available position for an individual who will assume responsibility in the Admissions Department. This role is responsible for building relationships with referrals and funders and co-coordinating client intakes under the direction of the Admissions Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will process applications for the intake of clients for the 42-day treatment program and coordinate with Alberta Health Services for the intake of clients for the 90-day Young Adult Treatment Program. Within this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating bed maps, assess withdrawal symptoms for incoming clients who have not had 72 hours of abstinence and work with the nurses in facilitating detox to accommodate our clients. Building relationships with referrals and funders is important in this position as well as keeping all departments updated with client counts and dietary restrictions.
Previous experience in an addiction field an asset.
1. Experience in an addiction’s treatment centre admissions office and processes.
2. Completion of Post-secondary education in Social Work and addictions field is preferred; however, the following equivalences will be considered: completion of Bachelor of Science with a major in addictions.
3. Experience working with or knowledge of, Indigenous communities and culture will be considered an asset.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
1. Maintaining confidentiality is essential.
2. Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
3. Working knowledge of databases and client record-keeping policies.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy skills.
1. The successful candidate will require a valid Alberta Driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle. Final candidates for this position will be asked to undergo a security screening.
2. Demonstration of a healthy lifestyle will be an asset.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!