Job Title: On-site Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP)
Based at: Downtown, Edmonton
Reports to: Coordinator, Health Services
Hours of work: 40hrs per week
To serve, strengthen and uplift men, women, youth and children through the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ
The on-site Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) position will focus on providing medical services around Hope Mission sites downtown. This could include inside or outside of Hope Mission property. The medical services provided will be both emergency response and general health services, such as wound-care, drug poisoning response, etc. This position will work closely with the Hope Mission Nursing Clinic and will report to the Hope Mission Health Services Coordinator.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respond to emergency medical situations, such as drug poisonings, seizures or other emergencies
· Provide health services within the level of care of your training (eg. within level of care for an EMR, PCP, ACP, etc.)
· Work closely with the Hope Mission Nursing Clinic and other departments
· Assist Hope Mission Outreach Team in the Chinatown area, going on patrols of area and responding to situations as they arise
· Engage with community members at the Hope Mission drop-in center and within shelters
· Document and record nature of injuries and treatment provided (includes documentation of key statistics/data)
· Responsible for checking personal gear, equipment, and tools to ensure safe and effective operation
· Provide medical care and be an advocate to a very vulnerable population within a variety of settings and stressful situations
· Assessing, treating, and providing referrals to sick and injured in accordance with established healthcare policies and procedures while maintaining a focus on their safety at all times
· Working alongside various inter-professional agencies including AHS EMS, EFRS, and EPS
· Conduction of thorough examination of critically ill or injured patients to determine necessary emergency treatment
· Assist nurses in care of patients at the nursing hub, including, physician referrals, case management, primary patient assessment, drug administration and documentation
· Respond to emergency calls in the shelter as well as any psychiatric emergencies that may be taking place
· Any other duties as requested by the Manager of Homeless Programs or Health Services Coordinator
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
· Training as an Emergency Medical Responder, Primary Care Paramedic or Advanced Care Paramedic
· Licensed with the Alberta College of Paramedics
· Work experience with the vulnerable, homeless population is an asset
· Ability to deescalate situations and work in a stressful environment
· Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
To apply, please send:
1. Resume and
2. Cover letter stating why you would like to work with a Christian organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!