Overview of the BCSTH Training Coordinator
The Training Coordinator develops and implements online and in-person training to support the membership of the BC Society of Transition Houses (BCSTH). The Training Coordinator works with and supports the Executive Director and training colleagues to determine the training needs and plans for training within the sector. This position manages and supports all training registration and administration and assists in the evaluation processes of all training undertaken by BCSTH.
The Training Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and is expected to work from an intersectional feminist framework and to carry out the work of the organization to achieve the overall mission and the strategic plan for the organization as established and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Training Registration and Administration
- Coordination and scheduling of the training offerings for staff and management from Transition Houses, Second and Third Stage houses, Safe Homes, outreach and counselling programs and PEACE and Violence is Preventable (VIP) programs.
- Create and maintain automated email reminders to participants about courses and their progress through courses.
- Ensure course pre-requisites are met where applicable.
- Ensure that training participants have the appropriate membership level for the cost of training.
- Ensure that all training registration fees are paid prior to attending training.
- Support the Financial Manager in the processing of payments for courses, in the accurate invoicing for training program and in collecting outstanding training fees.
- Prepare and assist with the distribution of all materials and handouts for training.
- Support members with technological or access issues to online training.
- Administer and coordinate the Thinkific online platform training offerings (i.e., member communications, member invoices, process enrollment, point of contact for IT challenges with platform, etc.)
- Maintain the overall online platform and ensure registration for all training is up to date according to policy and procedure.
- Ensure that processes are in place to track which training members have participated in, completed and not completed.
- Organize all BCSTH webinars including developing webinar plan for year in consultation with the ED and BCSTH Team.
- Lead the member communications, registration and delivery of the BCSTH webinars by self and/or co-facilitated with relevant Team member.
- Ensure all training equipment is in working order in the office and available and accessible for training.
- Ensure that all training information is marketed and communicated to members of BCSTH.
- Coordinate the logistics of training which may include coordinating travel, accommodations, catering and developing itineraries.
- Training Development, Coordination and Delivery
- Working with the Executive Director and training colleagues to develop and update training curricula as outlined in funding contracts, the operational plan, the annual evaluation feedback report and in alignment with BCSTH’s strategic plan.
- Updating existing curriculum to include adding interactive multi-media elements and oral elements to the existing online training.
- Working with the Executive Director and training colleagues to deliver the training as outlined in funding contracts, in the operational plan and in alignment with BCSTH’s strategic plan.
- Working with the Executive Director, the Event Coordinator and training colleagues to plan for and deliver the Annual Training Forum (ATF).
- Work with the Event Coordinator to support the online components of the ATF including the registration process.
- Ensure all training follows the annual training plan, meets program deliverables and report any adjustments to the Executive Director and training colleagues.
- Support course development and implementation for online and in-person training, webinars and podcasts.
- Deliver/Facilitate and co-facilitate course training with training colleagues for both in person and online training.
- Ensure that webinars and podcasts are recorded and uploaded onto BCSTH online community for future use and accessibility.
- Under the guidance of the Learning and Training Development Coordinator create and implement standardized training evaluations based on learning outcomes and delivery.
- Under the guidance of the Learning and Training Development Coordinator evaluate and collate evaluations of training delivered by BCSTH to provide a feedback report to the Executive Director and training colleagues. Support the Executive Director and training colleagues in collecting and collating the evaluations of the other training delivered annually. Support the Executive Director and training colleagues to create year to year comparisons of training and outcome measures.
- Ensure that limited training spaces are fairly distributed amongst our members and within the regions.
- Operational Planning and Implementation
- Participate in the development of an operational plan and ensure that pieces relevant to training align with the overall strategic plan of the organization.
- Develop an annual work plan to implement training that aligns with the operational plan and strategic plan.
- Deliver on outcomes outlined in annual work plan.
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations in the processing of payments for courses, in the accurate invoicing for the training program and in collecting outstanding training fees.
- Ensure that financial protocols and procedures are followed.
- Participate in the writing and editing of reports to funders, board members and others as required.
- Assist with the development of and writing of grants.
- Prepare regular written reports on issues, financials, etc.
- Assist in supporting the operations and function of the office.
- Any other duties as required.
For more information about the position and BCSTH, please review the job description and visit our website: http://www.bcsth.ca/.