The Membership and Sponsorship Coordinator is a new employment role being created by the Waterloo Region Law Association (“WRLA”).
The WRLA is looking to hire someone on a part-time basis to provide membership support, event coordination, and planning, build and foster relationships with existing and potential sponsors, and coordinate, plan, and execute membership events and functions.
Using your acumen, you will decide upon the priority of the goals the WRLA is looking to accomplish, you will decide how to accomplish those goals, and you be free to choose your own work hours when you wish to accomplish those goals.
As the Membership and Sponsorship Coordinator for the WRLA, you will report to the Executive Director.
EDUCATION: High school diploma (post-secondary education in a relevant field an asset)
- Develop and maintain solid long-term relationships with members
- Source and develop initiatives to recruit new members
- Responsible for annual membership renewal
- Create, edit, and maintain external communications and social media about WRLA
- Assist in the planning, preparation, documentation, and coordination of monthly meetings.
- Perform event coordination and administration including the development of plans, critical paths, meeting minutes, report updates, budgets, nametags, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Provide support for events to the Library Manager & Executive Director.
- Coordinate event logistics including venue selection, managing guest lists, food service arrangements, menu planning, packing lists, décor, etc.
- Coordinate all areas of the volunteer cycle (i.e. volunteer request forms, training, orientation, supervision, and recognition).
- Create, edit, and maintain event web pages and other external communications including print and digital materials in collaboration with WRLA staff.
- Responsible for database management related to events
- Coordinate post-event activities including payment follow-up, event evaluation forms, stewardship, etc. working closely with the Library Manager & Executive Director.
- Plan, design, and execute sponsorship proposals to solicit and secure in-kind and monetary contributions to meet event budgets.
- Source and develop initiatives to recruit new sponsors for WRLA events and newsletter
- Ensuring sponsor obligations are fulfilled.
- Develop and maintain solid long-term relationships with sponsors.
- Draft sponsorship packages for a variety of WRLA events and programs.
- Ensure that sponsorship packages and grant applications are complete, executed, and updated within required deadlines.
- Maintain a suitable database of all sponsorship activity such as progress timelines and contract values.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform other job-related duties and projects as required by the Library Manager and Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, mail merges) and online search engines.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with a professional demeanor.
- Strong work ethic, high energy, multi-tasker, ability to work independently.
- Experience working in a sales environment, donor or sponsorship relations, and event management are all considered an asset.
- The position has some occasional physical demands related to event set-up and tear-down, such as: lifting boxes and setting up tables and chairs.
- Knowledge of A/V equipment would be an asset.
As this is a new role, the expectation is it will require an average of twenty hours per week to start. Your success in the goals can expand this role to support more hours of employment.
This position will have a flexible work schedule. However, you will be expected to attend certain events you have been involved with, attend to speak to WRLA members and attend meetings with the Executive Director and members of the Executive Committee.
This is a hybrid position with the expectation of at least one in-person day per week. You will also be expected to attend WRLA events as necessary, as well as attendance where required at member events you have planned or created when requested by members. Further, as this is a new role, you will be required to account for the time spent on the goals so that the WRLA can assess your progress and what assistance can be given to ensure success.