Ottawa Riverkeeper is seeking 1-2 talented and organized Events Assistants to help plan our 2024 events.
- Note: The number of positions and date ranges for each role are funding-dependent. When applying, please indicate your preferred start and end dates, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Position #1: Start Date: April 29, 2024 End Date: July 5, 2024
- Position #2: Start Date: June 3, 2024 End Date: August 23, 2024
- Hourly Wage: $21.95/hr
- Hours: 37.5 hrs/week
- Applications will begin to be reviewed as early as January 15th, 2024. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
What you will do
As Events Assistant, you will help organize and implement a range of Ottawa Riverkeeper events, including the Riverkeeper Gala, and outreach events through the spring and summer months. This will include:
- Taking an active role in coordinating and implementing events
- Communicating with and helping to coordinate suppliers, stakeholders, attendees, volunteers
- Assisting with event logistics, vendor relations, communications, silent auction, volunteer management, and other elements of the event planning and logistics
- Record keeping as it relates to volunteer engagement and participation
- Working with site maps, invoices, signage and other event and outreach materials
What you bring
You are energetic and passionate about the environment and have the desire to protect it! You are self-starting and outgoing. For further success in the role, you also have:
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills in dealing with internal and external partners
- A highly organized and detail-oriented work style, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work some weeknights and weekends
Other valued skills:
- Previous event planning experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Google Workspace and donor databases, such as Salesforce
- Strong communication skills in both French and English
- Valid drivers licence and access to a car
Ottawa Riverkeeper is committed to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in its staff and programs. To hire a diverse team, we are committed to training employees who may not have all the required formal experience but can explain in their cover letter how they meet the job requirements and are willing to learn the necessary skills.
Ottawa Riverkeeper is a great place to work!
This is an opportunity to join a great team focused on making positive environmental change. Our culture is flexible and fun. We love the outdoors and love the work we do to protect the watershed.
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We work with colleagues and volunteers across the watershed and have a strong culture of collaboration.
- We value flexibility and work-life balance for our team members and offer flexible work hours.
- We provide you with the chance to lead change and have an impact on the watershed’s health.
- Our office is located in River House, a beautifully restored heritage boathouse with direct access to the waters of the Ottawa River.