As part of the Camp Store Team, your primary goal will be to provide the best possible care for our campers, staff and other guests. In this role, you will help manage our two camp stores by serving customers in a retail setting and keeping us administratively organized. Team members may have a particular focus on either aspect of our stores, but everyone works to ensure a seamless customer experience. Positions exist in the spring and summer.
Specific responsibilities based on the experience and expertise of the team will be determined as staff are hired. They may include:
In the Tuck Shop
● Working the Till – Operate the tuck shop for campers and guests as needed. Must have
a friendly storefront demeanor and be able to work face-to-face with customers.
● Opening & Closing – Complete a daily checklist to ensure the store is open on time, is
tidy, runs smoothly and is locked up properly.
● Cleaning – Help maintain a clean working environment by carrying out a variety of tasks
such as sweeping the floors and taking out garbage.
● Inventory, Ordering & Stocking – Help keep a record of camp store inventory. Receive
and organize new inventory from suppliers and restock shelves.
● Packing Take-Out Orders – Gather items based on camper orders and fill up boxes for
● Store Display – Assist with displaying store items, take basic product photos and
maintain a tidy storefront.
● Training Others – Train and support temporary staff as needed.
Behind the Scenes
● Managing Accounts – Ensure camper tuck shop accounts are well managed. This
includes settling tuck accounts and issuing refunds each week.
● Contacting Parents – Respond to parent inquiries regarding their child’s tuck shop
balance, items purchased or other account details.
● Ordering Inventory – Work with suppliers to order more candy, drinks or
clothing/souvenirs as directed by the Administrative Manager.
● Managing Online Store – Learn and manage the online store including processing online
orders, mailing out packages and communicating with customers.
● Database Management – Have a solid understanding of the store database with the
ability to explain it to other staff and solve problems as needed.
Conditions of Work & Benefits
● You will be provided with accommodation that is shared with other staff on property as well as all your meals while employed.
● If working for 4+ weeks, you will receive a weekly honorarium.
● Working at Camp is physically demanding, with long stretches on the go without a rest. You
will have daily time off as well as 1 day off a week in the summer and 2 days in the spring.
● You will agree to understand Camp Mini-Yo-We’s Guidelines for Community Living and
abide by them while serving on our team.
Job Description: www.campmyw.com/camp-store-team
Start/End Date: May 5, 2024/ Aug 28, 2024
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!