As part of the Food Service Team, your primary goal will be to provide a great food service experience for campers, staff and guest groups. In May and June you would help prepare meals for our staff and guest groups while familiarizing yourself with our kitchens, systems, recipes and approach to special diets and allergies. In July and August we run four kitchens to support approximately 400-500 people (campers, staff and volunteers) each week. Your primary responsibility during this period is to help serve individuals with special dietary needs (some weeks we have up to 60 people with special diets). This involves communicating with the parents of campers, meal planning and then preparing and delivering meals at set times throughout the day. You will also be required to assist our adult volunteers in the kitchens preparing the regular meals for guests without dietary needs.
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and expand your skills in nutrition services and cooking. It is a lot of work, but it is very rewarding and you get to be part of an amazing team of staff members that love Camp and enjoy serving together. You will also have opportunities to enjoy Muskoka and our facility during your time off.
● Preparing Meals – Work in one of our three kitchens preparing meals for both individuals with special diets as well as other guests.
● Meal Planning & Communication – Develop specialized meal plans for individuals. Contact guests or parents of campers to discuss special dietary needs.
● Supporting Adult Volunteers – Camp has weekly adult volunteers who help to prepare food. You will provide consistency and support for our Food Services staff and volunteers.
● Cleaning – Help to keep kitchens clean, open them for the season, etc.
Conditions of Work & Benefits
● You will be provided with accommodation that is shared with other staff on property as well as all your meals while employed.
● If working for 4+ weeks, you will receive a weekly honorarium.
● Working at Camp is physically demanding, with long stretches on the go without a rest. You
will have daily time off as well as 1 day off a week in the summer and 2 days off a week in
● You will agree to understand Camp Mini-Yo-We’s Guidelines for Community Living and
abide by them while serving on our team.
Full Job Description: www.campmyw.com/dietary-specialist
Start/End Date: May 5, 2024/Aug 28, 2024
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!