Who are we?
With over 40+ years of experience The Lloydminster Interval Home Society’s MISSION ‘evolves to provide safety, support and education through opportunities that empower all individuals in the communities we serve’. Through our VISION ‘A Community where all individuals experience safe connections, and lifetimes of well-being’ and guiding VALUES of ‘Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Accountability and Trailblazing’ the Lloydminster Interval Home Society is dedicated to our clients and community by ‘Giving Hope a Space to Grow’. At LIHS our Mission, Vision and Values, is foundational to our services and is essential for all staff to include in their daily work.
Why Choose the Lloydminster Interval Home Society?
We are looking for the next outstanding team member–YOU–. Joining LIHS you will be a part of our team, to enrich and strengthen the Residential Program through your knowledge, energy, and innovation. As you thrive and grow in our inspiring work environment, you will act as an “agent of change” contributing to the empowerment and wellbeing of the women and children we serve.
You will add to the supportive and healthy work culture, your career growth and professional development will be valued, and you will be offered a competitive wage and be included in our recognition programs. As a Full-time employee, you will have access to an attractive health/dental benefit plan, paid flex/wellness days and earn 3 weeks vacation per year accumulated at a rate of 1.25 days immediately upon hire. At LIHS we work and lead through our Core Values and require successful candidates to be familiar with these as we hire, review, develop and reward our people.
As a Crisis Support Worker, you will be responsible to provide all aspects of client services, contribute to the day-to-day program and facility operations of the Interval Home Emergency Shelter. In this role you will provide meaningful and impactful crisis and practical supports to women and children fleeing family violence, ensuring excellent client services through best practices and effective case management. Your ability to build supportive connections along with your energetic, positive, and professional approach will enable you to multi-task and respond to diverse needs in this demanding and rewarding role.
As a Crisis Support Worker, you will:
· Ensure a safe, supportive, and engaging environment for the shelter residents that promotes wellbeing, empowerment, and hope.
· Provide crisis support to individuals accessing the LIHS crisis line, complete shelter admission assessments and intakes.
· Support increased safety, wellbeing, and empowerment through case management services, encourage women to identify their own strengths, needs and goals, create support plans/goals, connect to community resources, and advocacy.
· Maintain timely, accurate, factual, and professional documents in accordance with LIHS policies and procedures.
· Support women and families with their day-to-day routines, practical needs, and activities.
· Coordinate and assist in meal preparation, room cleaning, general house keeping, house laundry and gardening and facility maintenance.
· Contributes daily to maintain a high standard of health, cleanliness, and safety in all areas of the facility. Complies with all emergency processes and risk management.
Casual Position includes 8-hour shifts.
· Possess common-sense decision-making skills and confidence in problem solving.
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently in an ever changing, high demand environment.
· Professional and approachable – a people person.
· Understand the importance of self-care, modeling positive life and coping skills.
· Multi-task oriented, possess a positive attitude and work ethic; willingness to help wherever needed.
Experience and Competencies:
Benefits: available after 3 months for fulltime and part time employees.
· Life Insurance
· Short-term and Long-term Disability,
· Extended Medical (prescription, dental care, vision care, supplementary medical supplies, travel).
· Health Spending Account
· Life Works: 24/7 professional and confidential support (personal & work-related topics)
· Virtual Care: Health Consultations
If you see yourself as a Crisis Support Worker and you want to be part of a progressive, dynamic, and well-respected organization, please submit your resume along with a cover letter.
Copy and paste link into browser to learn more about our organization and benefits:
Job Types: Permanent, Casual
Salary: $20.00-$24.60 per hour
Work Location: In person
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!