PENTICTON AND DISTRICT SOCIETY FOR COMMUNITY LIVING
JOB TITLE: FINANCE MANAGER
As a member of the senior management team, the Finance Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing the Society’s financial requirements in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Finance Manager reports directly to the CEO.
- Manage and monitor all accounts payable and receivables. Ensure accurate posting of monthly journal entries.
- Verify, balance, and reconcile bank accounts.
- Manage various remittances such as Worksafe, ER Health Taxes, CRA, PST and GST, Group Health Insurance etc.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, prepare and manage the Society's budget.
- Complete month-end accounting functions.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for multiple departments and divisions.
- Provide financial information as required to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all financial records in accordance with society policy and relevant legislation.
- Complete year-end working papers and assist outside Auditor when necessary.
- Prepare reports for various levels of government and other funders as required.
- Assist in the management and development of internal policies and procedures.
- Develop necessary forms and systems for quality service delivery and accurate records.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of administrative systems.
- Support colleagues to perform their duties.
Payroll and Benefits:
- Oversee the collection, verification and processing of payroll as required.
- Complete payroll remittances.
- Oversee the maintenance of attendance, leave and overtime records as required.
- Maintain an understanding of the collective agreement and how provisions are applied.
- Provide written and verbal information on employee payroll matters and Collective Agreement provisions as required.
- Administer employee benefits packages as required.
- Maintain a level of professional conduct and positive relations with consumers, funding sources, government representatives, professionals and the community.
- Participate in developing specific priorities and objectives in keeping with the long-range vision of PDSCL.
- Provide relief and replacement of colleagues as required.
- As delegated, carry out the duties of the Executive Director in his/her absence.
- Serve on various committees, which impact PDSCL, our Community or Sector.
- Respond to emergencies as required.
- Upgrade and develop skills and expertise as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Third-year level of CPA or equivalent work experience. 5 years of accounting experience with demonstrated ability to take on increasing responsibilities.
- Appropriate computer literacy and willingness to learn. Knowledge of various office systems and cloud computing is an asset.
- An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the administration of a financial system of similar size, utilizing fund accounting practices. The current budget is approximately $16M.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Completed criminal record check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's license.
- Adequately insured vehicle. (Vehicle allowance provided)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and complete accounting records up to and including year-end working papers and closing in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable attitude towards people with differing abilities and others marginalized by society.
- Ability to work cooperatively and efficiently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality