Intern, Association Communications
At the core of Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Canada’s identity is a commitment to medical ethics, independence, neutrality, and impartiality. We go where people’s medical needs are greatest. These ideals have driven every aspect of our work – from medical care and logistical coordination, to finance and communications – since MSF was established in 1971.
The MSF Canada Association is looking for a communications focused intern who will support with internal Communications, Membership Management, Speakers Bureau coordination, and with Friends of MSF groups.
The successful candidate will:
- Have well developed digital communications skills including maintaining websites and social media platforms, coordination of newsletters, and mass mailings
- Demonstrate computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and database management
- Be proficient in English and French, with experience working in both languages (both verbal and written)
- Be a recent graduate, or actively working towards the completion of, a Degree or Certificate in a related field, i.e. public/global affairs, political science, communication, journalism, etc. or a combination of training and experience
MSF Canada will provide:
- An hourly rate of remuneration at $21.83 as well as paid sick and vacation days
- Access to an Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- A positive and innovative office culture grounded in our core values of humanity, integrity, and results
- A hybrid working model (minimum 40% in office and up to 60% work from home)
- An accessible open concept shared office space, with bookable workstations consisting of sit/stand desks, swivel chair, laptop with dock, and double monitors, and various sized meeting rooms
- A commitment to incorporating equity, diversity, and inclusion in everything
A detailed job description is available here.