Job Type: Full-time, Contract position ending April 30, 2025
Salary: $47,856.58 - $58,007.98
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. Through living our value of We Care and it Shows, we work together as One Amazing Team to Get Better and Better Everyday while we Make a Positive Impact in our community.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing leadership to the Program Team.
- Documenting work performance of Team Members for the purpose of employee performance evaluations.
- Identifying and addressing the needs of the program functions in support of long-term sustainability and growth.
- Managing the team’s schedule and caseloads, ensuring all clients are provided appropriate supports.
- Setting clear expectation for Team Members; works with Team to develop Program and individual goals and monitors performance against these goals.
- Setting clear expectations for work assessment to meet client’s goals, monitors performance against these goals within the assessments.
- Ensuring all team members are aware and knowledgeable of processes and required documentation for the program.
- Ensuring workplace practices are being followed at all work placement sites, to support and ensure safety of program employees and clients.
- Ensuring that individuals are always treated with dignity and respect.
- Acting as an advocate and positive role model in all stakeholder interactions, demonstrates appropriate work behaviour and communicates effectively in a professional manner.
- Maintaining all Intake information, and implements individual program plans accordingly, in order to ensure successful attainment of goals.
- Documenting/recording information (i.e. entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information, etc.).
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety legislation, laws and regulations
- Maintaining an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Continuously looking to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and stakeholder experience.
What you bring to the table:
- Diploma or equivalent education in the human services field. Equivalencies will be considered.
- More than 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Must have a valid, Non-GDL, class 5 driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must pass a criminal records check, including Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Must have strong mastery of the English language.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through oral and written communication and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use sound judgment to quickly and effectively address situations.
- Able to influence, empower and motivate others and hold team members accountable for the completion of responsibilities.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or barriers, or working with persons from diverse backgrounds is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to teach effectively using various instructional methods.
- Knowledge of various vocational areas and an ability to break job tasks into specific steps.
- ASSIST training, abuse protocol, crisis prevention and intervention an asset.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in being a part of our GREAT purpose!
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.