Position Title: Communications Coordinator (BILINGUAL French/English)
Location: Halifax, NS
Type: Full-time (35 hours/week)
Report to: Communications Lead
Salary $50,000 /annually plus a comprehensive benefits package
Start date: As soon as possible.
Working conditions - ARAISA staff work in a hybrid environment which includes a minimum of 2 days per
week in the ARAISA office, with additional regular all-staff in-person meetings under our HR Policy Manual that can be updated periodically.
Travel within the Atlantic Region may be occasionally required.
The Atlantic Region Association of Immigrant Serving Agencies (ARAISA) is looking for a Communications Coordinator to join its growing team. The Communications Coordinator will report to and work collaboratively with the Communications Lead. ARAISA communications’ needs are growing, and this position is key in helping maintain, develop, and implement internal and external communications strategies, policies, processes, and activities.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
ARAISA is a non-profit umbrella association which serves as a collective voice and forum for its members who are committed to the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees in the Atlantic Region. ARAISA works to increase the effectiveness of its members through its initiatives to support the sector and its contributions to regional and national forums. ARAISA provides professional development and networking opportunities, facilitates information and resource exchange, hosts sector-specific working
groups, convenes meetings with key stakeholders, and represents its members through national bodies, with the goal of having a positive impact on settlement and integration policies and practices.
• Collaborative Culture: ARAISA is not just an organization; it's a community of passionate individuals committed to transforming lives. Join a collaborative and supportive work environment where your ideas are valued, and teamwork thrives.
• Inclusive Work Environment: ARAISA is committed to diversity and inclusion. Your unique background and perspectives are not only welcome but celebrated. Join a workplace that recognizes and values the richness of diverse experiences.
• Professional Development: ARAISA believes in nurturing talent. As a team member, you'll have access to professional development opportunities, ensuring your skills stay sharp and you continue to grow in your career.
• Impactful Initiatives: ARAISA is at the forefront of initiatives that make a real difference in the immigrant settlement sector. Be part of projects that contribute to positive changes.
• Comprehensive Benefits: Enjoy a competitive benefits package and health plan that prioritizes your well-being.
• Financial Security: Benefit from RRSP contributions after one year, ensuring a secure financial future.
• Time for You: Take advantage of 3 weeks of vacation, plus an additional 16 days of paid holidays/time off per year.
• Work-Life Balance: ARAISA values your well-being with sick days (up to 12 per year) and personal days (up to 3 per year).
• Flexibility and Support: Experience a flexible and supportive work environment that fosters a healthy work-life balance.
• Design communication and marketing material such as, but not limited to, reports, banners, programs, brochures, infographics, certificates, videos, PPT, and scripts.
• Maintain and update ARAISA’s websites and online courses.
• Help troubleshoot technical issues for users of ARAISA’s websites and online courses.
• Create and distribute ARAISA’s email marketing campaigns, such as, but not limited to: newsletters, events and course promotion, and manage related audiences.
• Create content and content calendar for ARAISA’s social media accounts.
• Contribute to ARAISA’s media relations: press releases, development and maintenance of media listings.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of communications plans and strategies.
• Provide support in the translation of content, when necessary (FR to EN and EN to FR) and review written materials to ensure accuracy and language consistency.
• Stay current on the organization's programs, services, events and objectives, and develop strategies to promote them and keep the organizational branding and messages consistent.
• Develop and maintain the organization’s media library (photos, videos, etc.)
• Liaise with vendors, consultants, and other providers.
• Report on the effectiveness and impact of the organization’s initiatives related to areas of responsibility.
The Communications Coordinator is also responsible for:
• Providing support to ARAISA’s programs and operations as required.
• Representing ARAISA at events or external meetings, when requested.
• Other duties, as deemed necessary.
• Degree in communications and/or marketing, public relations, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of two years of work experience in a communication and/or marketing role
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both French and English are required.
• Knowledge of information technology and digital environments, and an ability to troubleshoot and provide occasional support to others.
• Experience in designing and producing materials and publications (print and/or digital).
• Creativity and effectiveness in developing products using online tools (Canva, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, etc.)
• Strong time management and organizational skills, including efficiently prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
• CMS demonstrated proficiency (WordPress is considered an asset)
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and cooperatively with a high degree of initiative and responsibility.
Nice to Haves:
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and video editing is considered an asset.
• Experience using a CRM is considered an asset.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resumé, in English or French, merged into one (1) document to , stating “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Please ensure
that you demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the above qualifications. We appreciate the time and effort of all applicants in expressing their interest in the position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit the names and contact information of three references. Further qualifications may be assessed during the competition process. (e.g. submission of a writing sample and/or portfolio).
DEADLINE TO APPLY
February 15, 2024, at noon AST
As an equity-seeking organization, ARAISA encourages applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race, and sexual orientation.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!