Aurora House is seeking an Executive Director to continue maintaining the important services Aurora House provides to the community of the Norman region. Aurora House is an emergency shelter and crisis line that operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the operations of agency’s services according to the planned direction of the Board of Directors and in accordance with all associated agreements, protocols, policies, regulations and by-laws.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports to the board on a monthly basis
- Provide annual budget (including forecasting and projections)
- Union involvement
- MAWS Treasurer
- Legal relations
- Strategy and Capital development
- Prepare the AGM/Annual reports
- Be prepared to promote the Aurora House through public relations
- Develop community partnerships
- Assist with recruitment of new employees (this will be in conjunction with the new program manager position)
- Grant applications and grant reporting
- Assist with updating policies and procedures (this will also be in conjunction with the program manager position).
- Assist with fundraising - (this will also be in conjunction with the program manager)
- Must be bondable.
- Must have excellent accounting skills.
- A degree in social services or a relevant discipline and/or management experience.
- A thorough knowledge of issues affecting Indigenous women and children, a passion to address gender-based violence, knowledge of addictions and mental health issues.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Knowledge of Collective Agreements and working in a unionized environment.
- A passion for addressing gender-based violence and MMIWG.
- Previous management or board of directors’ experience.
- Successful fundraising and development experience.
- Experience in large-scale program development.
Visit https://bit.ly/ED-AH for more info!