Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Hours: Monday through Friday, flexible schedule
Number of Positions: 1
The Foster Care / Child In Care Services Coordinator (also referred to as the Quality Analyst - QA) oversees contracted providers who, under an agreement with WJS, share their home or provide care in a WJS home, with a child/youth/adult with a developmental disability, medical or behavioural challenges and/or children in care under the Ministry of Children and Family Development. This position recruits, screens and selects new contracted providers based on an established criteria and completes SAFE studies. They also assist current providers in day to day support, planning for transitions, monitors the service, and provides quality assurance to funders, families and the agency. The position requires other office-related duties such as data entry, filing, etc.
One (1) temporary, full-time position available:
- 40 hours per week with a flexible weekday, day shift schedule (i.e. 0900-1700), to meet the operational needs of the contracted providers.
- The occasional Saturday shift may be required, dependent on the needs of the program.
- Requires the full ability to perform on-call duties.
- Will require that the position be based at the WJS Canada program office in Surrey, BC.
- Ability to travel within the Lower Mainland region of the province.
- Duration of the position will be dependent on the return of the incumbent.
**Successful applicants will be required to participate in MCFD screening prior to confirmed employment with WJS Canada.**
In Your Role You Will
- Develop and implement competency based training and coordinates professional supports for WJS contracted caregivers.
- Provide regularly scheduled and/or unannounced monitoring visits to homes.
- Work with case management teams to develop and implement comprehensive transition plans that ensure individuals are successful transitioning into new homes; transitioning from children to adult services, and transitions related to discharge.
- Assist caregivers to develop emergency response, safety and contingency planning.
- Utilize standardized assessment and monitoring instruments to ensure continuity of procedures and consistency in follow up.
- Conduct home studies as required.
- Review recommendations and required action plans with caregivers.
- Write incident reports as required.
- Ensure all WJS caregiver locations are operating in conformance with CARF/COA standards and legislated requirements.
- Maintain current contact notes and program reports.
- Liaise with funders, families and community agencies.
- Attend and provides information at multidisciplinary case management meetings as required
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed
- Participate in the quality improvement and risk management committees
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess:
- Social work degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field or equivalent combination of education and experience related to this field.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two years of related experience in case management, working with individuals and their families
- Familiarity / working experience with MCFD standards for monitoring Foster Homes and Child in Care programs.
- Valid CPR / First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain during probation)
- In order to travel throughout Lower Mainland to WJS Canada programs (Mileage is paid) you MUST HAVE a valid BC Driver’s License, clean and current driver’s abstract with a reliable, safe vehicle including appropriate insurance .
- Valid Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate (MANDT) and Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Preference for candidates that have successfully completed the SAFE home study course and having working experience*
* Requirement to complete the SAFE Home Course during employment.
**COVID-19: Please be aware that this funder/client mandates services only be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required at time of hiring.**
Not sure you meet the requirements? We still welcome you to apply, as we may be able to consider diverse combinations of skills, education and experience.