A world free of the effects of diabetes is our vision. That’s why we’re working together to improve the quality of life of people living with diabetes. We’re sharing knowledge and creating connections for individuals and the health-care professionals who care for them; advocating through public policy; and funding research to improve treatments and find a cure to end diabetes.
Join our dedicated, talented Diabetes Canada team and together, #LetsEndDiabetes!
The Administrative Coordinator, Mission, is primarily responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Senior Vice President (SVP), Mission.
The role also provides assistance to the Mission Department’s four Executive Directors with an aim to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s four teams and the overall department.
1300-522 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. Flexible work agreement policy in place allowing employees to work on a hybrid schedule, working remotely with the expectation of being in-office for meetings and events.
This role includes, but not limited to:
Support to SVP, Mission
- Maintains the SVP’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments and travel arrangements; exercises discretion in committing time and evaluating needs;
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison for the SVP with other departments and external contacts on a range of issues;
- Assists with the SVP’s correspondence and communication e.g. email, phone, and/or letters, with high-profile stakeholders, corporate partners, government key decision-makers, etc;
- Supports the SVP with the organization of the agenda and pre-meeting materials for the quarterly meetings of the Board of Director’s Mission Committee; consideration is being given to training this role in minute-taking for this Committee (now being done by the Corporate Secretary);
- Coordinates SVP’s business travel arrangements, e.g. booking flights, hotel reservations;
- Prepares SVP’s expense reports, purchase orders, corporate card reconciliations and other accounting or procurement related tasks;
- Supports SVP in development and proofreading of a variety of documents, including Senior Leadership Team agendas, letters, and presentations.
General Mission Leadership Team (MLT) Support (includes 4 Executive Directors)
- Timely support of various team projects e.g. Conferences, Forums;
- Organizes and prepares for MLT meetings and some others as appropriate, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings;
- Supports with updating Mission content including website content as appropriate;
- Establishes and maintains efficient filing and documentation activities;
- Supports accounting and procurement related tasks, including purchase orders, Contract Approval Forms, and other DC processes as appropriate;
- Maintains up-to-date records in Diabetes Canada’s volunteer and researcher databases;
- Maintains up-to-date contact lists for Members of Parliament;
- Responsible for oversight of the Federal and Provincial lobbyist registries;
- Acts as an ambassador for Diabetes Canada in all relationships with business, educators, health professionals, government, other related industries, and the general public;
- Completes other special projects that relate to general administrative or operational support tasks.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- University degree or College diploma;
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a similar role or combination of relevant skills and experience gained through other roles;
- Experience supporting a senior executive or team is an asset.
- Experience within a large national health charity preferred.
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) and adept using a wide range of systems applications;
- Strong organizational and time management skills - ability to effectively manage competing priorities and activities;
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service mindset to ensure stakeholders are kept informed in a timely manner;
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- A team player capable of cultivating productive working relationships with a wide range of people across the organization;
- Independently motivated to take the initiative to lead or move forward on key tasks, resourceful with a can-do attitude;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality – using a high degree of discretion and sound judgment with the ability to prioritize and make decisions;
- Promotes and contributes to a positive work environment;
- Desire for self-improvement and to learn and take on additional responsibilities;
- Understands and demonstrates a commitment to Diabetes Canada’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You:
- A meaningful role, making a difference every day for people living with or at risk of diabetes.
- An entrepreneurial environment, working for a national organization where you feel valued, recognized, and rewarded.
- A high-performing, collaborative team environment and a commitment to building a healthy and engaged work culture.
- Flexible work agreement policy in place allows employees to work regularly remote and/or hybrid schedule.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive group benefits plan, includes health/dental, life insurance, disability coverage, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and company-match Pension/RRSP.
- Most group benefits start on Day 1 when you join Diabetes Canada (health and dental coverage, life insurance and EFAP).
- Generous paid time-off benefits include additional paid holidays beyond the recognized provincial statutory holidays, and an end-of-year holiday office closure.
All applicants must submit a copy of their cover letter.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Diabetes Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. We value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you require accommodation, please advise us during the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.